Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Um this team has caught fire in almost the exact same way, like almost exactly, except they aren't going to beat Michigan state at Michigan state.  Or a highly ranked Wisconsin team.  The proof the following year was that Miles played WP out of position and that screwed the entire season. 

This comment makes me think you haven't been following the team until recently 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

That team had one player that got very, very hot, and two role players that produced when they could. 

This team has 4 legit scoring threats, as well as two role players that fit their roles very, very well. Add two bigs that can produce when the can. 

'17-'18 over '13-'14 by 10, at least. 

If you considered Shields a roll player not a “legit scoring threat”, well....  

Honestly would take him over Copeland even. 

44 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

If you considered Shields a roll player not a “legit scoring threat”, well....  

Honestly would take him over Copeland even. 

Would you believe that, statistically, they're almost identical (2014 Shields to 2018 Copeland)? 

Extrapolated over 40 minutes, Copeland is the better player, but their numbers compared to their minutes played are eerily similar. 

19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Would you believe that, statistically, they're almost identical (2014 Shields to 2018 Copeland)? 

Extrapolated over 40 minutes, Copeland is the better player, but their numbers compared to their minutes played are eerily similar. 

That’s the thing, I wouldn’t compare Copeland and Shields. My comparison would be Copeland and Pitchford and then Roby and Shields

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

That would be true I’m guessing.

FWIW, Nebraska has the best ATS record(19-6) in NCAA, so even Vegas doesn’t know how good they are yet.

Vegas doesn't care who wins and loses, I shouldn't go into how Vegas lines work on here.  It's about perception to receive equal money on each side to take the juice home. 

10 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Vegas doesn't care who wins and loses, I shouldn't go into how Vegas lines work on here.  It's about perception to receive equal money on each side to take the juice home. 

True, but Vegas sets the line where they think the game will fall on. If the public opinion was higher on Nebraska, Nebraska wouldn't be 19-6 ATS.... I hope I don't need to delve any further into that for you to understand my point.

I was just looking at our schedule and kind of forgot but of our 4 losses, 3 are to the top 3 teams in the B1G. Our 4th loss is against the #6 team.

While we have struggled to get the big "signature" wins, we dont have any of those traditional bad losses(Yet) that seem to bite Nebraska.

We are beating teams we should beat(in conference).. That doesnt mean we get in but is nice to see. 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-02-12/andy-katzs-power-36-predicting-whos-and-out-ncaa-tournament

28. Nebraska (NR)

The Huskers are winning the games they are supposed to at this stage in the season. Nebraska has won five games in a row to get to 10 wins in the Big Ten. During this stretch, the Huskers have won three on the road. The pressure is on every game. Tim Miles’ crew knows it has very little room for error.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I was just looking at our schedule and kind of forgot but of our 4 losses, 3 are to the top 3 teams in the B1G. Our 4th loss is against the #6 team.

While we have struggled to get the big "signature" wins, we dont have any of those traditional bad losses(Yet) that seem to bite Nebraska.

We are beating teams we should beat(in conference).. That doesnt mean we get in but is nice to see. 

In overtime and on the road. So far, a much better showing than the usual losses to some bottom teams two or three time a year.

54 minutes ago, deedsker said:

In overtime and on the road. So far, a much better showing than the usual losses to some bottom teams two or three time a year.

And after all that Jordy crap. 

Miles hasnt been a great coach up to this year but he has proven with a few leaders(and he has them) he can get these guys to listen.

The switch to the 1-3-1 zone against Wisconsin and handling the Jordy thing has been really strong.

Our offense actually runs some sets and while it still seems focused on the guy with the ball creating his own shot, it has better spacing.