Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

23 wins has to say something at the end of the day.

I realize we haven't had any big wins sans Michigan, but 23 wins is 23 wins. If we win 23 and  miss the tournament, I won't sleep for a month.

It's not like you can play well for 3 weeks and win 23 games. We have been playing well for most of the season. The committee should take into account the amount of newcomers into our rotation and realize that takes some game action to sort through. It sure seems obvious to me anyways.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

I realize we haven't had any big wins sans Michigan, but 23 wins is 23 wins. If we win 23 and  miss the tournament, I won't sleep for a month.

It's not like you can play well for 3 weeks and win 23 games. We have been playing well for most of the season. The committee should take into account the amount of newcomers into our rotation and realize that takes some game action to sort through. It sure seems obvious to me anyways.

It seems Penn St. & Maryland get more talk then us, so those wins would have to get some points!

4 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Here's the problem: the big 10 is a weak conference.  Outside of the top 3 teams, the big 10 is like 24-120 against quality opponents.  That's not good and it shows with how the selection committee is seeding the big 10 teams.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Here's the problem: the big 10 is a weak conference.  Outside of the top 3 teams, the big 10 is like 24-120 against quality opponents.  That's not good and it shows with how the selection committee is seeding the big 10 teams.

You say this like the selection committee has showed consistency in their criteria over the years when picking the teams for the tournament.... From year to year, none of us really know what they are going to emphasis throughout this process.

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You say this like the selection committee has showed consistency in their criteria over the years when picking the teams for the tournament.... From year to year, none of us really know what they are going to emphasis throughout this process.

Rasmussen, one of the guys on the selection committee, pointed out the weakness of the big 10.  Also, Michigan is the only team in the tournament that Nebraska has beaten that would be in the tournament (if it started today).  I think Nebraska would make some noise but I'm looking at it through an outsider perspective and our resume isn't nearly good enough.  One loss in the regular season and we're out for sure 

57 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Doesn't matter if Maryland is ahead of us, because we can take care of that ourselves.

We are in 5 brackets now instead of 4, so that's good.

IIRC we were in eight before the weekend. 

At any rate, I think the only way we are in for sure is if we win our next four games and probably two games in the B1G tourney and hopefully those two wins are over Michigan and Ohio State. 

37 minutes ago, VitMan said:

IIRC we were in eight before the weekend. 

At any rate, I think the only way we are in for sure is if we win our next four games and probably two games in the B1G tourney and hopefully those two wins are over Michigan and Ohio State. 

I thought it was 4 for some reason.  Oops.