Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I thought it was 4 for some reason.  Oops.

Bracketmatrix updates everyday whereas some of the "bracketologists" only update once per week. Bracketmatrix will not include brackets that haven't been updated in the last 3-4 days. That's why you see the amount of brackets that Nebraska is included changing up and down. As of this morning there are 101 brackets being evaluated but a few days ago the number of brackets being evaluated was in the 70's.   

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, OTR said:

Bracketmatrix updates everyday whereas some of the "bracketologists" only update once per week. Bracketmatrix will not include brackets that haven't been updated in the last 3-4 days. That's why you see the amount of brackets that Nebraska is included changing up and down. As of this morning there are 101 brackets being evaluated but a few days ago the number of brackets being evaluated was in the 70's.   

Ok, ty.

Baylor won in OT, and is 2 spots ahead of us. :(

Edited by Moiraine

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-nebraska-e-j-liddell-romeo-langford-more

Barring a pretty epic collapse, I can’t imagine Nebraskanot making the NCAA Tournament. The Huskers have quietly been one of the better stories of the 2017-18 season. Seems like it wasn’t that long ago that there was a lot of talk about Tim Miles being on the hot seat and that players were unhappy. Then again, winning is the cure for just about anything and at 19-8 overall and 10-4 in the Big Ten there’s been lots of winning.

What has really stood out to me is the player development of those in Lincoln. Miami transfer James Palmer is one of the most improved players in college basketball, former five-star Isaac Copeland is figuring things out and the guy who is really starting to stand out to me is sophomore Isaiah Roby. He’s not yet totally consistent but I see a lot of versatility there and think he’ll be a star in the Big Ten before it’s all said and done.

Edited by seaofred92
  • Plus1 2

1 hour ago, VitMan said:

Up to nine brackets on bracketmatrix. Looks like Creighton is projected to be a 6/7 seed and we're looking at 11/12. Is there any precedence for two in-state teams playing each other in the first round as a 6/11 or 5/12 matchup? 

Not really; they try and keep as many rematches out of the realm of possibility until the later rounds. Back in 2013, though, Creighton and Nebraska could have met in the second round. 

8 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Not really; they try and keep as many rematches out of the realm of possibility until the later rounds. Back in 2013, though, Creighton and Nebraska could have met in the second round. 

Thats what I was thinking. I could remember a few years ago Wichita State and Kansas met in the second round in Omaha but my memory was spotty beyond that. 

So, I still don't really know for sure how the brackets work. But people keep talking about us being the 11th or 12th seed. On bracket matrix the 12th seeded teams look very unfamiliar to me so I'm just ignoring them. Anyhow, I looked at which opponents the 10th (I don't know if that's possible for us?) and 11th seeded teams have left. And also some of the bubble teams. Some of them have tough schedules coming up, although that gives them a better chance to make it in if they can win. Also, there are a few games where they can knock each other down. I've highlighted those. I got a little bored and didn't finish the bubble teams. And I'm guessing someone will tell me this has already been made.

image.png.38026c369caf0c90f25f10f8d6929e5b.png

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So, I still don't really know for sure how the brackets work. But people keep talking about us being the 11th or 12th seed. On bracket matrix the 12th seeded teams look very unfamiliar to me so I'm just ignoring them. Anyhow, I looked at which opponents the 10th (I don't know if that's possible for us?) and 11th seeded teams have left. And also some of the bubble teams. Some of them have tough schedules coming up, although that gives them a better chance to make it in if they can win. Also, there are a few games where they can knock each other down. I've highlighted those. I got a little bored and didn't finish the bubble teams. And I'm guessing someone will tell me this has already been made.

image.png.38026c369caf0c90f25f10f8d6929e5b.png

It’s good your looking into things and trying to educate yourself on the dance process.

But my advice is don’t get caught up in what the others are doing and focus on Nebraska getting to 23 wins minimum to feel decent and know that a loss to Indiana or Illinois(especially) means NU MUST get to the conference tourney championship.  A Penn State loss and getting to the semis gets you very close.

And then hope all other conference tourneys play out to chalk and automatic bids aren’t  stolen

12 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

It’s good your looking into things and trying to educate yourself on the dance process.

But my advice is don’t get caught up in what the others are doing and focus on Nebraska getting to 23 wins minimum to feel decent and know that a loss to Indiana or Illinois(especially) means NU MUST get to the conference tourney championship.  A Penn State loss and getting to the semis gets you very close.

And then hope all other conference tourneys play out to chalk and automatic bids aren’t  stolen

Eh, I'm not playing on the team and it's entertaining to pay attention to what the others are doing and cheer against them.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1