Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Saw an interesting tweet about the #6 team in the country...

Can anyone tell me what is so special about what Purdue has done this year?

https://www.google.com/search?q=purdue+basketball+schedule+and+results&oq=purdue+basketball+schedule+and+results&aqs=chrome.0.0l2.7311j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/026w398;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;mt;fp;1

Yeah, they started with lots of preseason hype and haven't done too much to disappoint.

They also have the right name on the front of the Jersey.

Oh, and they have a few decent wins - especially that one over Nebraska, I hear they're pretty decent.

8 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=purdue+basketball+schedule+and+results&oq=purdue+basketball+schedule+and+results&aqs=chrome.0.0l2.7311j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/026w398;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;mt;fp;1

You mean other than kick our ass?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Yeah, they started with lots of preseason hype and haven't done too much to disappoint.

They also have the right name on the front of the Jersey.

Oh, and they have a few decent wins - especially that one over Nebraska, I hear they're pretty decent.

Yes, they beat us by 10-12. .

It's all about perception fellas. I'm telling ya. It's like we are some mid-major with 20 wins.

13 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Purdue is a good team, but their ranking is a result of college basketball, overall, being pretty mediocre this year. There are no truly great teams, only good ones, along with some that play very good from time to time. It should make for a fascinating, and wide open, March. 

Just now, seaofred92 said:

Purdue has wins over Louisville, @ Butler, @ Marquette, Nebraska, Arizona, @ Maryland, @ Michigan, vs Michigan, Maryland. 5-3 vs RPI Top 50 and 9-3 vs RPI Top 100. 

OHHHH, so now we are good when it helps make a case for someone else? We have beaten Michigan, Maryland and ourselves multiple times too!

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Strong take. 

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Purdue has wins over Louisville, @ Butler, @ Marquette, Nebraska, Arizona, @ Maryland, @ Michigan, vs Michigan, Maryland. 5-3 vs RPI Top 50 and 9-3 vs RPI Top 100. 

Their resume is built on wins over teams 26-50 in the RPI. Against 1-25, they are 1-3.

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1

Purdue is a match up nightmare for anyone with their big guys in the middle (who are dang good) and the shooters on the outside.  They are a much more complete team than Nebraska is right now.

My post above about our wins over Marist and Delaware State is apropos here.  If we hadn't played those two teams (which we beat by a combined 42 points) we would be looked at differently.

There are things that are frustrating with the system.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Purdue is a match up nightmare for anyone with their big guys in the middle (who are dang good) and the shooters on the outside.  They are a much more complete team than Nebraska is right now.

My post above about our wins over Marist and Delaware State is apropos here.  If we hadn't played those two teams (which we beat by a combined 42 points) we would be looked at differently.

There are things that are frustrating with the system.

Losing to UCF hurts too; we missed out on potential games with West Virginia and Missouri. 

One thing to pull out of last night, too: Fernando went for 20 and 10 against Purdue. 

Edited by Cdog923

Literally, if we were a notable basketball program, with success in past (like Wisconsin) it would be no question whether or not we would be in the tournament with 20+ wins and a fourth place finish in the big ten (regardless of whether or not the big ten is down this year). We always are doubted by all the analysists and everything even when we are accomplishing things. I can already see us getting to 23 wins and still not getting any respect. Maybe people just hate Nebraska. Maybe they are scared of us haha

4 minutes ago, Fcott Srost said:

Literally, if we were a notable basketball program, with success in past (like Wisconsin) it would be no question whether or not we would be in the tournament with 20+ wins and a fourth place finish in the big ten (regardless of whether or not the big ten is down this year). We always are doubted by all the analysists and everything even when we are accomplishing things. I can already see us getting to 23 wins and still not getting any respect. Maybe people just hate Nebraska. Maybe they are scared of us haha

I think it's bc just about anytime they put stock in us, we go out and s#!t the bed and they get burned.  Just look what happened last time we made the tourney.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, commando said:

if we had ever won a tourny game before we would probably have a little more cred than we do right now.   but this team is good enough to be our first to win that game if given the chance.

That should have absolutely zero effect on the committee's decision.  You can't hold this team back because of past teams.

• Plus1 1