Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I think we would both win at home. Neutral would be a great game 

Have you really watched any Miles coaches team against any weak press even???   They more often than not look like a junior high girls team trying to break it.  Everything you were ever taught NOT to do against pressure they manage to do.  Catching inbound passes in the corners, picking up your dribble before/after midcourt, avoid passes on the sidelines, etc.  I’m sorry, but Press Virginia would be ugly on a neutral court and a 8+ point loss at home.

pressure back into a zone is the easiest way to beat NU

Announcer during Temple Wichita State: "Temple is an NCAA Tournament team and they've proven it tonight."

While being down to the #19 team and possibly about to be 15-11. :facepalm:  I guess Nebraska's an NCAA Tournament team for barely losing to Kansas.

Penn State is up 42-19 over OSU :o

Edited by Moiraine
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Announcer during Temple Wichita State: "Temple is an NCAA Tournament team and they've proven it tonight."

While being down to the #19 team and possibly about to be 15-11. :facepalm:  I guess Nebraska's an NCAA Tournament team for barely losing to Kansas.

Penn State is up 42-19 over OSU :o

Temple lost. A Penn State win against Ohio State could help our resume if we beat them in our last game.

"In its current formulation, the index comprises a team's winning percentage (25%), its opponents' winning percentage (50%), and the winning percentage of those opponents' opponents (25%)."

The more I learn about this the dumber it sounds. The formula should be more like 50% 30% 20%.

Let's say Team A is 1-9, their opponents are 90-10 and their opponents' opponents are 800-200.

RPI = 0.025 + 0.45 + 0.2 = 0.675

Team B is 9-1, opponents are 60-40 and their opponents' opponents are 600-400.

RPI = 0.225 + 0.3 + 0.15 = 0.675

Derp.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Have to wonder if that bumps Penn St over Nebraska on the bubble

I'm thinking we don't want them to beat any of the other rated teams. Them beating 3 Top 25 teams at the end of the season might trump us beating them. Although then they may be ranked when we beat them.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm thinking we don't want them to beat any of the other rated teams. Them beating 3 Top 25 teams at the end of the season might trump us beating them. Although then they may be ranked when we beat them.

They've beat Ohio St twice now, at this point I  don't know how  they wouldn't  be ahead of NU on the bubble. It's going to be Interesting. Nebraska better keep winning (duh).