Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

I just hope Watson carries over what he was doing to end the Rutgers game into the rest of the season. He's deferred to Palmer all to often this year, when there's plenty of opportunities for him to do what he's done for us in the past. He's such a good finisher at the rim, and yet lately he is rarely aggressive enough.

Palmer and Copeland appear ready to bring it every night. If Watson can get to that point we may have something here.

44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is how I feel.  No chance that we go 8-0 to close out the season. (People who are expecting this are setting themselves up for disappointment, or giving them a reason to call for Miles head.) Hell, I personally think going 6-2 is the best case scenario. (21-10 / 12-6 is a hell of a year IMO.)  Winning on the road is hard, and we'll probably be dogs at Sconnie and Minny. 

ESPN's BPI has us winning 4.5 games our of the final 8.  % Chance of each win:

Iowa 67%

@ Wisc 34%

@ Minn 36%

Rut 87%

Mary 51%

@ Ill 44%

Ind 72%

PSU 59%

With those percentages, we have a 0.7% chance of going 8-0. 

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

All home games moving forward are must win.

I think you can get by with a loss at Minnesota because I think some still think they are good but we are going to have to rack up the wins. I still think if you go 7-1(which will be very hard to do with how inconsistent they are) you are in. I just have a hard time imagining us being passed on with a 13-5/22-9 record. 

I get we dont have any signature wins outside of Michigan but people wont ignore the fact the B1G still has some talent.

In terms of RPI, Minnesota is right behind us in the conference, but while we're at 61(?), Minnesota is at 100. 

On 1/25/2018 at 3:48 PM, Red Five said:

This is how I feel.  No chance that we go 8-0 to close out the season. (People who are expecting this are setting themselves up for disappointment, or giving them a reason to call for Miles head.) Hell, I personally think going 6-2 is the best case scenario. (21-10 / 12-6 is a hell of a year IMO.)  Winning on the road is hard, and we'll probably be dogs at Sconnie and Minny. 

ESPN's BPI has us winning 4.5 games of the final 8.  % Chance of each win:

Iowa 67%

@ Wisc 34%

@ Minn 36%

Rut 87%

Mary 51%

@ Ill 44%

Ind 72%

PSU 59%

Those road win percentages really don’t seem to add up, unless they’re just looking at our previous road history this season...which isn’t good at all, but is mostly a product of a “different” team, if you will.

Only road game that is a legit concern is Illinois IMO. The rest *should* be wins.

49 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Where are you at with this? Sorry if you posted already

Let’s say they win out, doable but unlikely IMO.  That gets them to 23-8, and let’s say that gives them the #4 seed in the tourney.  Probably would play Michigan in the quarters.  Lose there and you’re 23-9 with an RPI in the 50s, not a great position though.  Get to the semis with another Michigan w and RPI gets in the 40s and you’re sitting pretty I’d imagine.

Going 5-1 with the loss to Maryland(the best case loss) getting to the semis is a must and it’s still iffy.  2 or more losses it’s a win it all in NYC as the only chance.

So for me it’s 23 minimum and that is cutting it very close.  24 and I feel better.

And this is based on no Cinderella teams winning their conference tourneys and getting in.  That goes for all Major conferences and some of the mid majors.