Athlon: Early B10 Predictions

BIG ERN

17 hours ago, Crazyhole said:

I love these types of expectations from the talking heads.   It'll make it that much more fun when we win 10 and go to a new years bowl game next year. 

I think Nebraska will do better than #5 in the west but most of these talking heads were spot on about Nebraska last year.

• Plus1 2

Given the schedule and a year 1 rebuild, I can't fault anyone for expecting 6-7 wins. Some wild card factors for me are the QB play and defense turn around. First, if you look at the difference in QB play from year 1 to year 2 at UCF, the difference is night and day once the lights came on for Milton. The Huskers have a legit QB battle between 3 highly recruited kids. If the lights come on year 1, look out. The other is the anemic 3-8-8 defense of rush 3, drop 8, line DBs 8 yards off the line is gone. If we can even get back to Banker level of defense, with an emphasis on turnovers,  it could go a long way. 

I too am thinking we will beat Mich but I also think we will upset Wisc, OSU or MSU.   I just think Frost will have this team motivated to play like we haven't seen in years. The Bo teams were so fragile emotionally and MR teams were so unsure of themselves  -   real coaching and real motivation will equal what appears at the time to be an upset but in retrospect it won't be.

As always the OL will be the key and I trust our award winning S&C coach will make the difference as well as the new OL coach actually teaching these guys.   I like the JUCOs we are getting and I expect new energy on D.  

6 hours ago, Redux said:

As long as we beat Colorado, Iowa and Michigan it will be a successful season.  I could stsnd losing to friggin Akron if it meant we hung 60 on each of those teams.

4 hours ago, KingBlank said:

No

3 hours ago, Redux said:

luke-shoulder-brushgif.gif?auto=format,c

joker-mark-hamill-o.gif

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

MSU could be a close one.

Seems like it always is. I'd say as a series, our games against Michigan State have been the most entertaining since we joined the Big Ten. Pity they're not in our division anymore.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I know a lot of us got stung with the Nebraska win total bet last year.  If it opens at 6.5 again I wonder if we'll be opening up our pocketbooks to back the Big Red again.

My betting point of view is that i have to win SOMETHING, so, in that case, I'd bet the under and pray i lost money.  I'd either be happy with our win totals or have more cash that what i started with.

• Plus1 1