Mavric

S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Noa Pola-Gates

Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona

School: Williams Field

Position: Safety

Height: 5-11

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Memphis, Nebraska

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #163 Overall; #18 CB; .9314; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #114 Overall; #10 S; :star:star:star:star 
247: #154 Overall; #18 CB; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...had to look it up.  Thought that was a strange name for a HS.

My bad.  Spelling never was my strong suit.

• Plus1 1

Has OVs set up to Penn State and Alabama.  Said he's working on an OV to Nebraska in October - which would have to be the Minnesota game because that's our only home game in October.

• Plus1 2

Set to visit here for the Minnesota game.  Also has an OV set to Penn State for the Ohio State game.

He's going to go to Alabama.  But getting him to visit is nice.

• Plus1 2

Visiting this weekend.

Also has a cousin who is committed to play softball for the Huskers and she will also be visiting this weekend along with her parents.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

Our chances going to come down to whether Bama has room. So far PSU set the bar very high for #2. 

An electric atmosphere will get things in motion this weekend..Need that to happen.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

An electric atmosphere will get things in motion this weekend..Need that to happen.

That would help. He was at Happy Valley for a night game white out vs OSU, that's the bar.

5 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

That would help. He was at Happy Valley for a night game white out vs OSU, that's the bar.

.....that's a very high bar. 

• Upvote 1

Uncle and Aunt pushing for Nebraska.

Visited Penn State and Nebraska.  Set to visit Alabama for the Iron Bowl.  Doesn't have the other two visits set yet.

I continue to see rumblings that he's not a take for Alabama right now and actually might be a couple spots down their list from getting to that point.

• Plus1 6

Just now, Mavric said:

Visited Penn State and Nebraska.  Set to visit Alabama for the Iron Bowl.  Doesn't have the other two visits set yet.

I continue to see rumblings that he's not a take for Alabama right now and actually might be a couple spots down their list from getting to that point.

That is a great update

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Man this would be great. 

42 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

He would possibly be the headliner if he pulled the trigger here...

Ratings aren't everything, but Nick Henrich is rated higher.

12 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Ratings aren't everything, but Nick Henrich is rated higher.

No you're right, but I think from a national perspective, Gates coming here would garner a lot of attention. 

4 hours ago, Vince R. said:

No you're right, but I think from a national perspective, Gates coming here would garner a lot of attention. 

Gates will have the national "wow" factor, like Adrian did last year and Tyjon before. 

I personally think Henrich was most important as we planted a big flag N flag in Omaha/the state. 

Both important pieces, both will/would play important roles as far as perception. 

Pola-Gates, a senior, who has Alabama among his final colleges, hauled in a 65-yard touchdown pass from Zack Shepherd with 14 seconds left in the first half that sparked No. 2-ranked Williams Field to a 51-14 rout of rival Gilbert Higley before an overflow crowd on senior night.

"I love offense," the versatile Pola-Gates said. "It gives me an opportunity to show what I can do. Get a little spicy."

It was like seventh grade all over again when Shepherd and Pola-Gates would get together and throw the ball around on the playground. The touchdown gave Williams Field (9-1) a 23-14 lead at the half.

"They were in man-to-man coverage and we felt we could take a shot," Shepherd said. "We just went for it. Me and Noah have been throwing that ball since the seventh grade. We knew we were going to get it."

Pola-Gates, who set up Williams Field's first touchdown with a 16-yard run on a fly sweep, then showed off his defensive prowess in the third quarter when he intercepted a deep Spencer Brasch pass at the 5 and weaved his way down most of the field.

Link

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I believe this is his cousin

Her Mom posted something on Twitter about her signing. She also has posted things about Noa as well. I just assumed they were brother and sister.

4 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

His sister just signed with our Softball team.

I would think that at least one of those nine crystal balls selections will fall within the first few days if his sister's signing is any draw. 

Sure would be nice to get more then a sniff.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I would think that at least one of those nine crystal balls selections will fall within the first few days if his sister's signing is any draw. 

Sure would be nice to get more then a sniff.

It wasn’t his sister that signed.  It was his cousin

24 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

We think we are sitting really good here. I dont Know with specifics but having his cousin come to Nebraska is a big help for us. 

Is that from the article? 

16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My takeaway with this kid and Robinson is if your in the final 2 and it’s you and Alabama as the choices. Your doing something right

It seems like with Pola-Gates, he is Bama bound if they have room. Robinson is more of a legitimate battle which we seem to be favored at currently.

38 minutes ago, theknife said:

It seems like with Pola-Gates, he is Bama bound if they have room. Robinson is more of a legitimate battle which we seem to be favored at currently.

Robinson likely isn't a take for them right now either, he just idn't head over heels for them like Gates. 

• Plus1 1