S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

For me ... it just feels like our fan base thinks we are his best option ... yet, he doesn't seem to really want to be a Husker.  This alone ... really goes against what we see from other committed players.  So, for me, even including his talent, I don't see him "fitting" into what we are building.

Obviously, more to be revealed ... but he just doesn't seem to bleed "Husker" like most of this class.  Perhaps that will be different once he makes a commitment  ... but it sure isn't there in my perception.  I wish it was.

20 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

For me ... it just feels like our fan base thinks we are his best option ... yet, he doesn't seem to really want to be a Husker.  This alone ... really goes against what we see from other committed players.  So, for me, even including his talent, I don't see him "fitting" into what we are building.

Obviously, more to be revealed ... but he just doesn't seem to bleed "Husker" like most of this class.  Perhaps that will be different once he makes a commitment  ... but it sure isn't there in my perception.  I wish it was.

He's not sold on anyone yet, thus the reason he's still uncommitted. He's just evaluating his options. If we only took players that refused to even consider other schools, we'd end up with a class of mostly unranked or 2 star kids.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He's not sold on anyone yet, thus the reason he's still uncommitted. He's just evaluating his options. If we only took players that refused to even consider other schools, we'd end up with a class of mostly unranked or 2 star kids.

The point I'm making is that those unranked or 2* star kids still end up "wanting" to be a Husker.  I don't see anything in his current "reasoning" that shows he wants to be a Husker ... so I don't give much wait to the boards feeling that he will be :bigredn: .

I wish I felt different  ... but my years of following recruiting lead me to think he is looking at other options more seriously then us.  He wants Bama, if not, it's ASU or USC.

:-(

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Seems like USC and ASU are gaining momentum here and we are trying to hold on. 

Don't like that he's waiting till Feb to sign now, only gives more time for USC and ASU to get him to stay home. 

Yeah the longer this goes, the more pressure to stay home could come.  We’ve seen these kind of recruitments play out before, and we normally don’t win.

8 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Seems like USC and ASU are gaining momentum here and we are trying to hold on. 

Don't like that he's waiting till Feb to sign now, only gives more time for USC and ASU to get him to stay home. 

ASU reporter said he has discussed with us and ASU that he could sign the 19th and then announce his decision at his all star game. Both staffs were ok with it. 

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic