S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/14/2018 at 2:22 PM, Ziebol said:

He is signing on the 19th, but won't announce until the Poly bowl.

If feel that it will create a scenario for NCAA recruitment violations. Programs are not allowed to reach out to players for the purpose of recruitment after they sign a LOI. If the prospects don't make it known who they signed with, some programs will not realize that these players already signed and find themselves violating NCAA rules.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, Thanks_Tom RR said:

If feel that it will create a scenario for NCAA recruitment violations. Programs are not allowed to reach out to players for the purpose of recruitment after they sign a LOI. If the prospects don't make it known who they signed with, some programs will not realize that these players already signed and find themselves violating NCAA rules.

I could be mistaken, but I thought that is what he was doing. Also, schools will be informed of a players status when they sign a NLI, him just keeping it under wraps means away from the media. 

• Fire 1
On 12/14/2018 at 2:28 PM, Thanks_Tom RR said:

The bowl is on the 19th, so basically one month after signing day.  I can't see it staying secret that long.  And, there's a dead period for most of that.  I'm don't know the exact dates of that.  So, the coaches can't contact any recruit during that time.

Edit:  just looked it up.  Dead period is from December 17th to January 10th.

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So when Frost has his press conference, he's going to say, "We also received a NLI from a player that I'm not going to talk about."?

Seems very weird

He probably will just say nothing except for those who have signed and announced their commitment.  I am guessing if Noa commits and wants to keep it under wraps Frost and co. will keep it a secret the best they can.  

• Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic