S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I doubt he gets away with that

I don't really get it. You talk about the people who signed with you. He would just treat Gates as if he didn't sign. It's really not that hard.

All he has to do if asked directly is say that Gates has signed with a school and doesn't want it revealed yet. All he has to do is have a poker face.

7 hours ago, SUHperman said:

In home tonight. 

According to Alabama insider they have already/will most likely flip Jordan Battle from Ohio State so they will be full at S. 

Rumor that his family is throwing him a big party tonight and the entire staff will be there. 

Mom is all in on Nebraska. 

Not really a rumor, we know the whole staff changed plans to to meet with Noa in home tonight instead of yesterday. Frost cannot visit so he is going to see Nash in SD for 2020 at his school obviously. If the party is true how awesome. This also means his 4 star NT cousin is most likely heading our way. WIN BABY WIN 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't really get it. You talk about the people who signed with you. He would just treat Gates as if he didn't sign. It's really not that hard.

All he has to do if asked directly is say that Gates has signed with a school and doesn't want it revealed yet. All he has to do is have a poker face.

The player is essentially going to try to get every coach that offered him to keep the secret as well since they won’t be allowed to contact or recruit him after he signs with a team.  That’s quite an undertaking.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

The player is essentially going to try to get every coach that offered him to keep the secret as well since they won’t be allowed to contact or recruit him after he signs with a team.  That’s quite an undertaking.

and the CEO of 247 put a crystal ball in yesterday for Noa to go to N....seems like we know the plan here...

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Oh I'm not claiming he (Gates) will be able to keep the secret. But Frost can answer a question about it without being weird or leading, or if not asked about it, treat him as someone who didn't sign. It's not that hard. I just don't think everyone who knows will be able to do it. Also, the coaches who don't get him have less reason to care.

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I am not seeing the hardship either :dunno

44 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think technically saying that would confirm he signed with us - I don't think you're allowed to comment on other schools' signees, so any comment about Gates is off the table. But yeah it's pretty easy to basically say 'no comment right now,' and move on from there. Any other coaches bitter about losing him can't really spoil it because they won't be able to comment on him specifically, and future recruits/coaches wouldn't like them undermining his plan. Only potential problem I see is a staffer leaking it, but you'd hope they're better than that.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think technically saying that would confirm he signed with us - I don't think you're allowed to comment on other schools' signees, so any comment about Gates is off the table. But yeah it's pretty easy to basically say 'no comment right now,' and move on from there. Any other coaches bitter about losing him can't really spoil it because they won't be able to comment on him specifically, and future recruits/coaches wouldn't like them undermining his plan. Only potential problem I see is a staffer leaking it, but you'd hope they're better than that.

Gotcha. 

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It really is a stupid issue that makes a lot of things awkward. 

• Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic