S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

He played some at the safety or nickel position.  The worst thing about watching 44 play was that he would give up on the play.  Oklahoma doesnt beat West Virginia if they didnt bench Bookie.  He was awful and gave no effort after he was beat.  He is only a freshmen and has potential, but I would rather have Noa than Book.  Noa doesnt seem to love the attention as much and he seems to be the much more physical player.  

Maybe he could go start at Oregon State? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Those kind of rules aren't going to become more lenient.

Actually there was discussion about making a Targeting 1 vs. Targeting 2. So it might be more lenient if it's just 15 yards versus ejection. I'm not sure how realistic that talk was and can't remember where I heard it. 93.7 the ticket maybe.

2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Actually there was discussion about making a Targeting 1 vs. Targeting 2. So it might be more lenient if it's just 15 yards versus ejection. I'm not sure how realistic that talk was and can't remember where I heard it. 93.7 the ticket maybe.

I get making the game safer. I do not get why the kid has to be thrown out of the game (As long as it isn't egregious). 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

I get making the game safer. I do not get why the kid has to be thrown out of the game (As long as it isn't egregious). 

I think that's the hope with the rule (if it happens). Keep the penalties for unsafe hits, but don't take away an entire game/half for a kid when their intent wasn't to be malicious. 

39 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Yeah, I believe I heard that talk too. I meant more along the lines of what's allowed, not necessarily the punishment.

• Plus1 1

He did an interview with USC's Rivals site. He claimed that he just made his final decision on Sunday night and he has not informed the coaches on where he is going. He said he plans to do that on Friday.

He also said Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio State all made late runs at him but he said it was too late. He said he considered a visit to Oklahoma as their commits were in his ear all week at the All American Bowl.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

He did an interview with USC's Rivals site. He claimed that he just made his final decision on Sunday night and he has not informed the coaches on where he is going. He said he plans to do that on Friday.

He also said Florida, Oklahoma and Ohio State all made late runs at him but he said it was too late. He said he considered a visit to Oklahoma as their commits were in his ear all week at the All American Bowl.

Bama, OU, OSU, USC, and Florida. Pretty solid competition for a DB recruit.   If we pull this kid then that would be a pretty impressive pull for Frost and co.

Hope Frost doesn't tell him that if he was his son that he would go to OU.  I wish that was completely beyond the realm of believable, but our last staff tried that one.  It didnt work out well for us either. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

OSU may had been a threat if they offered earlier. He had expressed interest in them, but perhaps also Urban retiring cooled him on them. 

• Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic