S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I heard Gerry DiNardo say in an interview about a month ago that Wisconsin’s recruiting this year is about as good as it ever will be. Nebraska, he thinks, has a much higher upside, and can make it sometimes in the top 10. Interesting. 

Call me pessimistic, but looking at the top 10 on 247, I do not see how we will achieve that in the near future. 1 five star and 17 four stars would be crazy tough in a class of 20 (Penn St. this year). I think top 15-18 every year is more achievable and what we need. Get some playmakers at CB and on the edge each year... those positions are huge in CFB. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Treand3 said:

I actually agree with this. Wisconsin's '19 class is the culmination of going 24-4 in two seasons(one undefeated regular season), 2 NY6 bowls, 2 competitive CCGs and a bit of national hype. Despite all of that, the best they'll do is 26th(may finish closer to 30). Its admirable they were able to secure two top 100 type players(I'd argue Mertz is more of an outlier for them than Brown, who Wisconsin fortunately was able to gain a commitment from before other schools caught on). Nevertheless, they are more about evaluations and development moreso than recruiting.

Nebraska, on the other hand, will have two classes in the top 25(This year in the top 20) after back-to-back 4-8 seasons. Imagine if Nebraska had similar on-field success, top 15 is a guarantee with a chance at top 10 if things fall right. The caveat before was that Nebraska signed similar classes on paper, but either they weren't properly balanced in filling needs or they weren't developed to reach their fullest potential. Think those two things will be less of an issue going forward.

Look forward to seeing how things shake out between the two.

It's called development, which they learned from ne and thrown away by Peterson.

• Fire 1
20 hours ago, Waldo said:

Call me pessimistic, but looking at the top 10 on 247, I do not see how we will achieve that in the near future. 1 five star and 17 four stars would be crazy tough in a class of 20 (Penn St. this year). I think top 15-18 every year is more achievable and what we need. Get some playmakers at CB and on the edge each year... those positions are huge in CFB. 

We're always going to be grabbing local guys with lower ratings (overlooked, don't go to camps, development, whatever), so having a class of 22 or so, with five being localish three stars, and getting top ten is a pipe dream. Doesn't mean a bad class though!

Even in a large class of 27, #9 Clemson has 1 five star, 12 fours and 14 threes. We are at 0-6-20.

9 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

We're always going to be grabbing local guys with lower ratings (overlooked, don't go to camps, development, whatever), so having a class of 22 or so, with five being localish three stars, and getting top ten is a pipe dream. Doesn't mean a bad class though!

Even in a large class of 27, #9 Clemson has 1 five star, 12 fours and 14 threes. We are at 0-6-20.

Honestly, I think Frost can sneak us in if we have major success. He has the superstar charisma needed and we have a strong brand. He is like Dabo in a way to me, I see him breaking into the discussion for best coaches in all of college football sooner rather than later. If he can do that, watch out. 

14 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Honestly, I think Frost can sneak us in if we have major success. He has the superstar charisma needed and we have a strong brand. He is like Dabo in a way to me, I see him breaking into the discussion for best coaches in all of college football sooner rather than later. If he can do that, watch out. 

I can easily see us attaining the same level of recruiting success that Clemson has. The problem most casual spectators have is they think we must recruit like Georgia, Bama and Ohio State. You dont. Look at Clemson- and they just destroyed BAMA

51 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I can easily see us attaining the same level of recruiting success that Clemson has. The problem most casual spectators have is they think we must recruit like Georgia, Bama and Ohio State. You dont. Look at Clemson- and they just destroyed BAMA

I mean, Clemson is averaging class ranking over the last 5 years is 12 according to 247 Composite.  They aren't Wisconsin either.

3 hours ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

You mean 247? Rivals has us I believe with 10 4s. 

• 2 weeks later...