Jump to content
Mavric

S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Tidbits from 247 article:

 

- 247 sources say it is too close to call right now between ASU and Nebraska.  Bama doesn’t look to be an option because of numbers.

 

- Distance was never a factor until recently, and even that looks to be speculation.

 

- Nebraska has the family edge, especially because the only school where he and Matthew can play together is Nebraska.  He also has another cousin here playing softball.

 

- He has hosted ASU and Bama this week.  Nebraska has not been in yet and it’s unknown when they will be.  But we’re seeing Ty Robinson in the coming days, so it could be around the same time.

 

The end.

  • Plus1 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ADS said:

Tidbits from 247 article:

 

- 247 sources say it is too close to call right now between ASU and Nebraska.  Bama doesn’t look to be an option because of numbers.

 

- Distance was never a factor until recently, and even that looks to be speculation.

 

- Nebraska has the family edge, especially because the only school where he and Matthew can play together is Nebraska.  He also has another cousin here playing softball.

 

- He has hosted ASU and Bama this week.  Nebraska has not been in yet and it’s unknown when they will be.  But we’re seeing Ty Robinson in the coming days, so it could be around the same time.

 

The end.

My gut reaction to that tells me I think he ends up at Nebraska. If it is too close to call between us and ASU and we have not had our crack at the in home is a good sign. I would think that would push us ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I’ve heard we will be home Thursday or Friday. It will be a raid of coaches there. Also will visit his cousin. May be a 2/1 deal so frost can go in home with both at his cousins house. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

From what I’ve heard we will be home Thursday or Friday. It will be a raid of coaches there. Also will visit his cousin. May be a 2/1 deal so frost can go in home with both at his cousins house. 

 

So, is this a loop-hole per se? In-home at someone else's home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

 

Is Phyllis the NCAA compliance department in this gif?

Actually Stanley is the compliance department because he's looking the other way

  • Plus1 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My gut reaction to that tells me I think he ends up at Nebraska. If it is too close to call between us and ASU and we have not had our crack at the in home is a good sign. I would think that would push us ahead.

 

I agree.  For once, we actually have the family edge with an out of state player.....and supposedly, distance isn't a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol well according to Gorney this is a USC/Alabama race. His article says “Nebraska hung around” and no mention of ASU. This guy is such a douche. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Lol well according to Gorney this is a USC/Alabama race. His article says “Nebraska hung around” and no mention of ASU. This guy is such a douche. 

 

 

He is clueless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Lol well according to Gorney this is a USC/Alabama race. His article says “Nebraska hung around” and no mention of ASU. This guy is such a douche. 

 

 

Literally the exact opposite of what everyone else is reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

Lol well according to Gorney this is a USC/Alabama race. His article says “Nebraska hung around” and no mention of ASU. This guy is such a douche. 

 

 

 

 

1446763861665.gif

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Fwiw there’s rumblings Daxton Hill may flip BACK to Michigan 

Where'd you hear this from? I know Michigan isn't just giving up on recruiting him but it seems the flip to Bama was a few weeks in the making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArkanSkers said:

Hill with a CB back to Michigan lol

 

22 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

By an Ohio State writer!

That's a troll job if I've ever seen one.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Why

Ohio St writer getting Michigan hopes up for something that probably isnt true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Ohio St writer getting Michigan hopes up for something that probably isnt true.

Apparently that guy has openly admitted to trolling with CB’s. There is a rumor that Alabama is working on flipping Jordan Battle from Ohio State because Dax might flip back to UM but no clue if true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

That's crazy.  ASU and U of A have done a terrible job at landing instate talent and asu can't make room for a legit D1 guy from a high school that's won 4 of the last 5 state titles

 

The rumor, and maybe that's all it is, is that there are some questions about Pola-Mao's work ethic and progress.  A few years ago he looked like he was going to be the best of the group and a monster prospect, but it doesn't sound like he's developed like some had thought he might.  Beyond that, ASU tends to want quicker defensive linemen, and he doesn't really seem to fit the bill.  There's some talent there, but the rumor mill indicates they don't see him as a fit. 

 

Or they're still pushing for him and none of the online stuff knows what it's talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wablty said:

 

The rumor, and maybe that's all it is, is that there are some questions about Pola-Mao's work ethic and progress.  A few years ago he looked like he was going to be the best of the group and a monster prospect, but it doesn't sound like he's developed like some had thought he might.  Beyond that, ASU tends to want quicker defensive linemen, and he doesn't really seem to fit the bill.  There's some talent there, but the rumor mill indicates they don't see him as a fit. 

 

Or they're still pushing for him and none of the online stuff knows what it's talking about.

 

^^^^ He's NU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wablty said:

 

The rumor, and maybe that's all it is, is that there are some questions about Pola-Mao's work ethic and progress.  A few years ago he looked like he was going to be the best of the group and a monster prospect, but it doesn't sound like he's developed like some had thought he might.  Beyond that, ASU tends to want quicker defensive linemen, and he doesn't really seem to fit the bill.  There's some talent there, but the rumor mill indicates they don't see him as a fit. 

 

Or they're still pushing for him and none of the online stuff knows what it's talking about.

I know he had a pretty bad injury that caused him to miss most of his junior year. Add that to switching schools and having to sit out 5 games this year could slow a lot of players. 

 

There was an article before the season that said 9 out of the last 10 top instate prospects have gone out of state. This year i think its 7 of the top 10 will leave. High school coaches were also complaining that both edwards and sumlin hadn't been recruiting instate players. Just seems like asu needs to make inroads when it comes to local recruits especially a program like Chandler high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I know he had a pretty bad injury that caused him to miss most of his junior year. Add that to switching schools and having to sit out 5 games this year could slow a lot of players. 

 

There was an article before the season that said 9 out of the last 10 top instate prospects have gone out of state. This year i think its 7 of the top 10 will leave. High school coaches were also complaining that both edwards and sumlin hadn't been recruiting instate players. Just seems like asu needs to make inroads when it comes to local recruits especially a program like Chandler high

 

I find this extremely odd for Sumlin. At Texas A&M he constantly pulled the top talent out of Arizona.

 

Oh well! His loss is our gain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I know he had a pretty bad injury that caused him to miss most of his junior year. Add that to switching schools and having to sit out 5 games this year could slow a lot of players. 

 

There was an article before the season that said 9 out of the last 10 top instate prospects have gone out of state. This year i think its 7 of the top 10 will leave. High school coaches were also complaining that both edwards and sumlin hadn't been recruiting instate players. Just seems like asu needs to make inroads when it comes to local recruits especially a program like Chandler high

That might be true...but trust me when I say a lot of high school coaches love to complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

CB from Shannon Terry for N!

He is 5 out of 6 predictions correct this year.  The one miss was he had Wandale to Kentucky.  Not a very large sample size though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, swmohusker said:

He is 5 out of 6 predictions correct this year.  The one miss was he had Wandale to Kentucky.  Not a very large sample size though

he must have heard something if he feels the need to put a prediction in as he obviously doesnt do it often...cant be a bad sign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

 

 

Rumor that his family is throwing him a big party tonight and the entire staff will be there. 

 

Will there be punch and pie?

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

In home tonight. 

 

According to Alabama insider they have already/will most likely flip Jordan Battle from Ohio State so they will be full at S. 

 

Rumor that his family is throwing him a big party tonight and the entire staff will be there. 

 

Mom is all in on Nebraska. 

Sounds like a wrap to me. Put the bow on him Frosty! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

Quite a few CBs the past 12 hours for Battle to switch to Bama. 

 

Word is OSU is out of it as it stands.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sker4Ever said:

Have to think with Urban gone we will see OSU take a hit in recruiting.

 

Long term, i agree, especially if OSU shows cracks on the field. Feel much of their current class will remain in tact, but if Day slips, it could fall apart in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

any chance he commits and signs on the 19th?

He is signing on the 19th, but won't announce until the Poly bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

He is signing on the 19th, but won't announce until the Poly bowl.

If feel that that will create a scenario for NCAA recruitment violations. Programs are not allowed to reach out to players for the purpose of recruitment after the sign NLI. If the prospects don't make it know who they signed with. It seems like some programs are going to not realize that these players already signed and will find themselves violating NCAA rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

If feel that that will create a scenario for NCAA recruitment violations. Programs are not allowed to reach out to players for the purpose of recruitment after the sign NLI. If the prospects don't make it know who they signed with. It seems like some programs are going to not realize that these players already signed and will find themselves violating NCAA rules.

I could be mistaken, but I thought that is what he was doing. Also, schools will be informed of a players status when they sign a NLI, him just keeping it under wraps means away from the media. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×