S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You realize we are in the thick of things with this right? His cousin is visiting in January it sounds like and his other cousin already is headed here. Bama will be full and I think we are preferred over ASU by him and his family

I'm probably wrong, just feels like this is going to be one that gets away late the more time that passes.  Having an Arizona kid visit in January is also concerning without any type of game day experience to be had.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, ArkanSkers said:

USC got a crystal ball from a safety earlier today...hopefully he signs and it becomes a two team race...

I agree. USC seems to always be only one coach away from being the best in the PAC 12. They have that high ceiling. While I give Herm some praise for having a competitive team this season, their upside is less clear. 

The pressure to sign Wednesday was enough for Pola-Gates to shrink his list to three: Arizona State, Nebraska and USC.

Alabama had been all over Pola-Gates this month, even to the point of bringing out head coach Nick Saban for a home visit.

"Almost every school has put the pressure on real thick," said Pola-Gates, who won the Mike Haynes Award for the top senior defensive back in Arizona, about being pressured to sign early. "My final three have given me the space to do this on my terms and not rush."

On eliminating Alabama, he said, “As cool as it is to be so highly recruited by a school like 'Bama,' it just isn’t a true fit for me and my family.”

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic