S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

127 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Pola-Gates Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

As it should be on a husker message board. 

As it pertains to good commentary and fun, yes.

Update from ASU boards after Herm (ASU) & Tosh  (Bama) in homes last night is there is still no clear favorite.

Silently committed to Bama in June but made it clear he was going to hear others out. 

Pros for each school:

Bama- Dominant, Db's to league, prestige.

ASU- Play early, family can watch.

Neb- Trusts staff, potential playing time, NT cousin can join. 

12 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

As it pertains to good commentary and fun, yes.

Update from ASU boards after Herm (ASU) & Tosh  (Bama) in homes last night is there is still no clear favorite.

Silently committed to Bama in June but made it clear he was going to hear others out. 

Pros for each school:

Bama- Dominant, Db's to league, prestige.

ASU- Play early, family can watch.

Neb- Trusts staff, potential playing time, NT cousin can join. 

Does "silently committed" mean "wanted to commit but was told to wait?" I don't have any inside info but seems like there's a lot of talk that he's not a Plan A player for Bama - I just wonder which side was requesting that the commitment remain silent.

In either case it was great for us, we have a shot at least.

Mike locksley to Maryland might’ve just made this a little more complicated. Depending on who he brings over from the Alabama defensive staff and their relationship with Demarcco Hellams. May open up the Alabama green light to commit. 

I think we are a fall back option with Noa and the longer this plays out the less I feel comfortable with the distance between us the schools making up ground late. 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Does "silently committed" mean "wanted to commit but was told to wait?" I don't have any inside info but seems like there's a lot of talk that he's not a Plan A player for Bama - I just wonder which side was requesting that the commitment remain silent.

In either case it was great for us, we have a shot at least.

No. BAMA keeps trying to get him to commit but he’s holding off because he wants to hear the other schools out. BAMA said that’s fine but We’re going to try and fill that spot and if it gets filled they won’t have room. and they’re both ok with that.   

Following up on @Warrior10 post it sounds like ASU is more concerned about Nebraska than Alabama at this point. 

ASU does not have room to offer his cousin. We also get the last in home visit and I anticipate we will be sending the entire crew except Frost since he has already been there. 

Im starting to like our chances here. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, SUHperman said:

Following up on @Warrior10 post it sounds like ASU is more concerned about Nebraska than Alabama at this point. 

ASU does not have room to offer his cousin. We also get the last in home visit and I anticipate we will be sending the entire crew except Frost since he has already been there. 

Im starting to like our chances here. 

That's crazy.  ASU and U of A have done a terrible job at landing instate talent and asu can't make room for a legit D1 guy from a high school that's won 4 of the last 5 state titles

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to S Noa Pola-Gates [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic