Healthcare Reform

1 minute ago, Redux said:

It was implied, but okay.  I can see your point in why you assume I'm talking conspiracy ut I'm not here.  And it's not playing the victim, all I was trying to do was join the discussion.  But it gets difficult when 3 people assume immediately I'm being difficult.

I have 3 kids 3 and under, trust me I want free healthcare.

Oh! So now you want a handout??? :P

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Oh! So now you want a handout??? :P

The way the system works my wife and I would be better off if one of us quit our job and accepted assistance.  That's insane to me but 100% true.  Not going to do it, but yeah it's the way it works.  I think the reason we haven't seen real movement towards a health care system that comes out of taxes  is because we obviously have too many lifer politicians in do nothing positions.  And many of them are in bed with big pharma reaping the benefit of that to boot.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Redux said:

The way the system works my wife and I would be better off if one of us quit our job and accepted assistance.  That's insane to me but 100% true.  Not going to do it, but yeah it's the way it works.  I think the reason we haven't seen real movement towards a health care system that comes out if taxes  is because we obviously have too many lifer politicians in do nothing positions.  And many of them are in bed with big pharma reaping the benefit of that to boot.

I think you're right.

4 hours ago, Redux said:

The way the system works my wife and I would be better off if one of us quit our job and accepted assistance.  That's insane to me but 100% true.  Not going to do it, but yeah it's the way it works.  I think the reason we haven't seen real movement towards a health care system that comes out of taxes  is because we obviously have too many lifer politicians in do nothing positions.  And many of them are in bed with big pharma reaping the benefit of that to boot.

Welcome to being a progressive!

At least on one issue.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Redux said:

It’s a really really really stupid system. 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s a really really really stupid system. 

I can appreciate why government assistance exists, but why people are allowed to completely take advantage for life is beyond my comprehension.  Wouldn't it be better served to give a little kick back to those actually paying in ad opposed to those who screw it six ways from Sunday?  Look at DirecTV, they finally figured out giving back to loyal customers instead of new customers might be a fruitful endeavor.  About 6 years to late, but I digress.

But overall I don't think it matters who we elect, reform and universal healthcare will not happen until the sleaze politicians benefitting the most from it can find a way to stay rich or get richer off a new system.  It's the same way the BCS cartel didn't change until they found a way to make a play off work for them.

I know the whole "people who take advantage" of assistance opinion is a very real one - I haven't seen, and would like to better understand what these number are actually.   I know that the perception of immigrants vs. citizens on assistance for instance is wrong (more of us are on it than them) but I'd be interested in how long the average person depends on assistance, who uses medicare or medicaid inappropriately etc.

I don't question that there are better ways to do things, but I do struggle with the perceptions that some people have.  I just had this debate with my parents not too long ago.

34 minutes ago, Redux said:

I can appreciate why government assistance exists, but why people are allowed to completely take advantage for life is beyond my comprehension.  Wouldn't it be better served to give a little kick back to those actually paying in ad opposed to those who screw it six ways from Sunday?  Look at DirecTV, they finally figured out giving back to loyal customers instead of new customers might be a fruitful endeavor.  About 6 years to late, but I digress.

But overall I don't think it matters who we elect, reform and universal healthcare will not happen until the sleaze politicians benefitting the most from it can find a way to stay rich or get richer off a new system.  It's the same way the BCS cartel didn't change until they found a way to make a play off work for them.

Justice democrats.  Wont vote for anyone else.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, Redux said:

I get the frustration at people taking advantage of the system.  I get frustrated at that too.  However, I have grown to believe that this number is much less than Republicans want us to believe.  It sure seems to me that we might have something like 50 million people not being able to get healthcare...which causes more health problems...which ends up costing more.... because we're concerned about 1 million people who might be taking advantage fo the system.  Meanwhile, other countries are paying a third of what we are for healthcare.  

Heck, it's very possible that the savings we would see (if we could get our costs down to what other countries are spending) that this would easily be much more than what people taking advantage of the system costs.

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get the frustration at people taking advantage of the system.  I get frustrated at that too.  However, I have grown to believe that this number is much less than Republicans want us to believe.  It sure seems to me that we might have something like 50 million people not being able to get healthcare...which causes more health problems...which ends up costing more.... because we're concerned about 1 million people who might be taking advantage fo the system.  Meanwhile, other countries are paying a third of what we are for healthcare.  

Heck, it's very possible that the savings we would see (if we could get our costs down to what other countries are spending) that this would easily be much more than what people taking advantage of the system costs.

Yeah I'm not really concerned about the color of someone's tie, red and blue are both sleazy when you get to the core of it all.  The numbers are varying across the country.  This has been discussed several times over, but just in my tiny town and county there are a lot of people taking advantage of the system, of welfare, of handouts.

People not being able to get health care boils down to the cost of it.  I know I'm not nearly as educated as most on the matter, but I still stand by the fact it was absolutely absurd to force us to purchase something without regulation on the blatant price gouging of rates.  Pay for this insanely expensive thing or we will fine you to pay more money to the guys who ate price gouging you to begin with.  Absurd.