Healthcare Reform

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Any politician who does not have healthcare and social reform on his agenda is a MASSIVE TURD.  This should not be happening in America....where we need people to go and help the homeless.  This is all but eradicated in other major countries...it shouldn't exist here.

Ummmm

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I am a advocate for MFA as you know but this headline makes it seem like the urgent care is responsible for this kid dying. I work at an urgent care and we are NOT obligated to take patients if they are unable or unwilling to pay. It is on the patient to be able to pay the fees which are def cheaper than ER. ER is obligated by law to stabilize patients. Once they are stabilized, they can be let go. 

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

this headline makes it seem like the urgent care is responsible for this kid dying. 

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I work at an urgent care and we are NOT obligated to take patients if they are unable or unwilling to pay. 

Kinda makes it sounds like the urgent care is responsible..?

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Kinda makes it sounds like the urgent care is responsible..?

So the urgent care which are usually small businesses should eat the cost of a visit? Good way to go out of business if nobody paid for the service. 

We have turned away people before bc they want free services and dont have insurance or have out of state medicaid. We tell them to go to ER because they have to evaluate them. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

So the urgent care which are usually small businesses should eat the cost of a visit? Good way to go out of business if nobody paid for the service. 

We have turned away people before bc they want free services and dont have insurance or have out of state medicaid. We tell them to go to ER because they have to evaluate them. 

Come on...of course your place should go out of business!  No one should be compensated for the goods or services they offer!

If I am hungry and skipped lunch...Burger King should be required by law to feed me as many Whoppers as I can eat!

#FreeStuff