Healthcare Reform

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I knew this was going to happen. 

M4A is not radical. This s#!t is radical.  

The prices they magically come up with are soooooo insane.  

Why is an asprin in the hospital 20 dollars?  Oh, because the hospitals know the insurance companies will pay them and the insurance companies know their customers will pay them.  

How about no insurance companies and just honest freaking prices.  What a crazy concept!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 5:03 PM, RedDenver said:

This is why, once Democrats get back into power (hopefully) this Fall, we'll be all over them like white on rice.

The lesser of two evils can still harbor plenty of evil. It's our job (the voters) to be vigilant about these gobs.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Biden won't. He's been VERY clear that he's opposed to M4A, even saying he'd veto it if it made it through Congress.

The more I think of it the more I want Warren as his VP. Maybe she can fight him over it (if it's what she wants...) 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The more I think of it the more I want Warren as his VP. Maybe she can fight him over it (if it's what she wants...) 

Warren pivoted away from M4A during her campaign. (It was also when she started going down in the polls.)

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Warren pivoted away from M4A during her campaign. (It was also when she started going down in the polls.)

Ya... couldn't remember for sure if she actually wanted it, heh.

I'm a bit concerned since (best case scenario) we're getting Biden as president... we may have to wait 12-16 years to actually get something like that. Because I kind of doubt we're gonna have a bunch of people extremely hyped for progressives after a status quo Democrat. Seems like this would have been the best time for it to happen for a long time. 

• Plus1 1

from March:

The suit, brought by more than a dozen red states, emerged as a threat to Obamacare in December, when a panel of federal appeals court judges found the law unconstitutional. Instead of ruling on the entire law, the appellate panel sent the challenge back to a federal judge in Texas who previously invalidated the entire law, jolting Democrats who feared the move would extend the legal fight over Obamacare for years.

Democratic state attorneys general and the Democratic-led House of Representatives, who are defending the law in court, quickly asked the Supreme Court to intercept the case. The Trump administration, which supports the Texas-led lawsuit, and the states challenging Obamacare urged the justices against intervening right away.

from CNN:

The justices will hear arguments in the case sometime next term, although it is unclear if they will occur before the November election.

The dispute ensures another major shift in the political landscape during the election season on an issue that has dominated American politics for the last decade. It will be the third time the court has heard a significant challenge to the law. The case pits a coalition of Democratic attorneys general led by California and the House of Representatives, which are defending the law, against the Trump administration and a group of red state attorneys general led by Texas.
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

from CNN:

The justices will hear arguments in the case sometime next term, although it is unclear if they will occur before the November election.

The dispute ensures another major shift in the political landscape during the election season on an issue that has dominated American politics for the last decade. It will be the third time the court has heard a significant challenge to the law. The case pits a coalition of Democratic attorneys general led by California and the House of Representatives, which are defending the law, against the Trump administration and a group of red state attorneys general led by Texas.

If the ACA is going to be wiped out, I'd prefer it happened right now so people like my dumbass acquaintance with a debilitating disease (if she couldn't afford drugs, which she can't without the ACA because she couldn't even get insurance before) may realize that living is more important than her gun rights that aren't even under attack.

• Plus1 2