Healthcare Reform

49 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

So your solution is to just keep as is?

Is there a dip in quality with medicare patients now?

47 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So we shpuld just let them do it this way intstead of trying to improve the system? Fact of the matter is healthcare for profit is the worst idea capitalism has ever come up with and we need to change it because it doesn't work for the consumer. Its not a fair system when the business can leverage life for profit.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The bolded is a worn out talking point that the health care industry uses to scare people into change.  There is tons of data showing that a different system like what is used in other industrialized countries actually performs better with better results and is about 1/3 the cost. 

Back when I was a Republican, I fell for this line.....not anymore.

triple-facepalm-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So whats your plan? Keep things the same? Are we just eternally f#&%ed or do think there is a way to do better? 

Lol, nowhere did I say I didn't want to see change.  Our healthcare system is a complete sham.  Yall are way too eager to fight 

Just now, Redux said:

Lol, nowhere did I say I didn't want to see change.  Our healthcare system is a complete sham.  Yall are way too eager to fight 

Why are you percieving this discussion as a fight? I'm just trying to see what you think we can do since your views on the common mans power seem very pessemistic

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Who is fighting?  We are having an internet conversation.  You made a statement and I asked a question.  Challenging people on their beliefs is not wanting to fight.  I had a nice back and forth with BRB yesterday but I never got the impression we were fighting.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm just wondering why it was instantly assumed I oppose healthcare reform 

The post combined with your post history made me assume your stance was reform is futile. Thats why we ask questions to get further clarity on your stance.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Redux said:

As TheSker was alluding to, we could see a massive dip in quality chalked up to the "forced regulations" from the Government influence. 

The way this sentence is worded, reads as though you think we could very well see a massive drop in quality going to a government health care/single payer plan.

If I misread that, a simple clarification would clear it up.

If I didn't misread that, then my post is appropriate in pointing out that the large amount of data on the issue, doesn't point to that conclusion.  BUT...that's been the propaganda mantra from the healthcare industry and Republicans for a long time.

• Plus1 2

The only people opposing free healthcare are those who benefit from us paying for it.  I find it odd to make the assumption I oppose reform based solely off "posting history" and saying it's not crazy to think we would see a shift for better or worse in health services if the government stepped in to regulate it.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The way this sentence is worded, reads as though you think we could very well see a massive drop in quality going to a government health care/single payer plan.

If I misread that, a simple clarification would clear it up.

If I didn't misread that, then my post is appropriate in pointing out that the large amount of data on the issue, doesn't point to that conclusion.  BUT...that's been the propaganda mantra from the healthcare industry and Republicans for a long time.

It's worded fine I think.  The fact I didn't 100% disagree with him is what made the assumptions and Republican calling roll in.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

The only people opposing free healthcare are those who benefit from us paying for it.  I find it odd to make the assumption I oppose reform based solely off "posting history" and saying it's not crazy to think we would see a shift for better or worse in health services if the government stepped in to regulate it.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

It's worded fine I think.  The fact I didn't 100% disagree with him is what made the assumptions and Republican calling roll in.

No one is calling you a republican or assuming you oppose reform. You have just posted in the past the powers that be always divide us, in your post you say the people making a profit would still find ways to profit it just makes one think you don't think reform is possible. Not that you oppose it there is a difference. Instead of playing the victim and acting like we are attacking you, you could further state your views and add to constructive conversation. 

It was implied, but okay.  I can see your point in why you assume I'm talking conspiracy ut I'm not here.  And it's not playing the victim, all I was trying to do was join the discussion.  But it gets difficult when 3 people assume immediately I'm being difficult.

I have 3 kids 3 and under, trust me I want free healthcare.