Healthcare Reform

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Have to admit, I’ve thought about the same thing. 

It really is amazing how much more a smoker costs an employer. 

I'm getting a kick out of people online freaking out about this and making it a conservative vs. liberal thing.  Claiming that "liberal snowflakes" are taking away freedoms...

No, this is a private company making a business decision based on costs of another private insurance company.  This is the free market at work.  And amazingly, I've yet to see these same people freak out that Trump just signed a law that raised the age of smoking by three years.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I'm getting a kick out of people online freaking out about this and making it a conservative vs. liberal thing.  Claiming that "liberal snowflakes" are taking away freedoms...

No, this is a private company making a business decision based on costs of another private insurance company.  This is the free market at work.  And amazingly, I've yet to see these same people freak out that Trump just signed a law that raised the age of smoking by three years.

To be fair, they got pretty mad at him for banning vape flavors #wevapewevote

• 2 weeks later...

This could be a  very good series of articles.

I just finished reading the first installment on this.  It's on Taiwan's single payer plan.  It does a great job of laying out the plusses and minuses to the system.  Yes, it appears to be better than what we have now.  But, it's not all roses and daffodils.  

Making the system work is hard and sacrifices would need to be made by everyone.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...