DE Lloyd Summerall III [Florida - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

76 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Summerall Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Pittsburgh
    • Florida State
    • Florida
    • Miami (FL)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

This isn't a dig at you but it's about time Nebraska and it's fans gets past this type of thinking.  We need to get these players to commit.  It's time to get actual game changers on the regular.

Yawn.

Everyone knows we have to get game changers. Get on Frost's staff and help them get them since you seem to have the answers.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

This isn't a dig at you but it's about time Nebraska and it's fans gets past this type of thinking.  We need to get these players to commit.  It's time to get actual game changers on the regular.

I guess I don't know what type of thinking you're referring to.  I'm glad we're after a pretty highly-rated recruit and have convinced him to visit.  I just don't think we get this one.  But it shows we're out there working.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Yawn.

Everyone knows we have to get game changers. Get on Frost's staff and help them get them since you seem to have the answers.

So is this what it's going to be?  If I post an opinion about something you will either tell me you don't care what my opinion is or just have some other snarky comment?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s true that we need to start landing them but when so many recruits still say that their visit was more impressive than they thought it’d be because they thought Lincoln was just a bunch of cornfields, then I think it’s pretty important to keep getting these visits. Might help with future recruiting when kids from their HS want to visit too.

Just now, Mavric said:

I guess I don't know what type of thinking you're referring to.  I'm glad we're after a pretty highly-rated recruit and have convinced him to visit.  I just don't think we get this one.  But it shows we're out there working.

The thinking I am referring to is the "It's good to get them on campus even though they have no interest."  Look back at the Riley recruiting years and it's the same thing.  It's just difficult to be excited anymore for these types of visits.  

Maybe I'm not explaining it right.  I've just seen that same line of thinking for 4-5 years now and it hasn't really produced anything.  

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

The thinking I am referring to is the "It's good to get them on campus even though they have no interest."  Look back at the Riley recruiting years and it's the same thing.  It's just difficult to be excited anymore for these types of visits.  

Maybe I'm not explaining it right.  I've just seen that same line of thinking for 4-5 years now and it hasn't really produced anything.  

That's not what I said.  You're reading more into it than what is there.

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So is this what it's going to be?  If I post an opinion about something you will either tell me you don't care what my opinion is or just have some other snarky comment?  

That's just the truth. You act like it's a piece of cake to land these kids who have EVERY school after them, including schools closer to home. Then you act like we don't think we should be landing them? We have to get the visit first dude. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

This^...We (fans) have contributed to the defeatist attitude at times. Every aspect of this program has to think the same in order to get out of this rut.

Just now, Vince R. said:

This^...We (fans) have contributed to the defeatist attitude at times. Every aspect of this program has to think the same in order to get out of this rut.

What would you prefer?

Demand Recruit commits to Nebraska, when they shun us, go to twitter and post hate?

There is literally nothing we can do besides go to games, cheer our butts off and be positive about the outlook of our team. Many on here are doing the opposite, including StPaul.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ScottyIce said:

That's just the truth. You act like it's a piece of cake to land these kids who have EVERY school after them, including schools closer to home. Then you act like we don't think we should be landing them? We have to get the visit first dude. 

I fail to see where I think it's a piece of cake considering it has been done maybe once in the last 10 years.  I mean, at some point something has to change right?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

What would you prefer?

Demand Recruit commits to Nebraska, when they shun us, go to twitter and post hate?

There is literally nothing we can do besides go to games, cheer our butts off and be positive about the outlook of our team. Many on here are doing the opposite, including StPaul.

I haven't really said much about the future outlook of the team.  Other than I support the staff 100%.  That doesn't mean I can't have criticism of what is currently going on

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

What would you prefer?

Scotty, I know what you're saying and you're right. I am more focused on the way we talk about ourselves in this process. I know that sounds strange or unimportant, but I think saying things like, " we are probably never going to get him" is an attitude that I can never get behind. I actually see this at games too. 

I think back to an incident last year where our fans were tweeting to James Franklin before the Penn St game. We had fans literally tweeting at him saying, " take it easy on us coach", and "don't beat us too bad coach". It's just a way of thinking that I can never support no matter how bad our team plays. I like to compete and see where the cards fall in every scenario. So, I guess I am just adding to the bolded

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Lloyd Summerall III [Florida - Signed LOI]