Tyjon Lindsey

apparently posted a Snap Chat story with a blank background along the lines of "I wish @bookie_44 would have came here with me this whole decision would be so much easier" 

this offense seemingly fits him perfectly. Hope he isn't having second thoughts about the program without Bookie here. 

Edited by seaofred92
  • Plus1 1

It would appear the staff is planning for additional attrition we aren't aware of based on the number of scholarship players they'll sign.

From a football standpoint, and on the surface, I agree that the potential of him leaving doesn't immediately make a lot of sense.

This guy could light it up in Frost's offense but I could see where, with the coaching change, he is looking around.

He was part of a recruiting movement that isn't as special as it once was. He has a red shirt to use if he transfers.

I thought he looked like a kid straight out of high school last year. When the ball was in his hands he ran like he thought he could outrun everybody. Didn't really get enough touches to burn his red shirt either. I'd hate to lose the talent but....?

Obviously the decision could be something other than transferring ....

I agree with @macroboy that it's understandable that he might be considering a change.

But assuming he has already started classes for this semester, it would be a pretty bad move to leave at this point.  He'll go through spring practice and go from there.  Assuming he does that, I think he'll love what he sees.

2 minutes ago, Saunders said:

He and Avery Roberts were horribly mismanaged last year. Waste of a season for those guys.

We don't know what the conversations are like behind closed doors.  A player like Lindsay may have said, even during the recruiting process, that there was no way he was coming here if we wanted him to redshirt.

So, sometimes it's the players who push the issue.

On the flip side, we were thin at WR last year.  Fans heads would have exploded if we were that thin with someone like Lindsey redshirting.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

We don't know what the conversations are like behind closed doors.  A player like Lindsay may have said, even during the recruiting process, that there was no way he was coming here if we wanted him to redshirt.

So, sometimes it's the players who push the issue.

I was going to post something similar, but I don't think there is any true freshman (especially at a skill position) who comes in and thinks they should redshirt.  They all think they can come in, play right away, and be a contributor.

I don't think Lindsey needed to redshirt because NU needed bodies at WR last year.  But he needed to be coached to be more effective and there could have been play designs that used his talents more.  They should have lined him up and run him deep down the middle or do deep corner fades a few times a game.  Even if the D knew what was coming, he has the pure speed to make plays.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was going to post something similar, but I don't think there is any true freshman (especially at a skill position) who comes in and thinks they should redshirt.  They all think they can come in, play right away, and be a contributor.

I don't think Lindsey needed to redshirt because NU needed bodies at WR last year.  But he needed to be coached to be more effective and there could have been play designs that used his talents more.  They should have lined him up and run him deep down the middle or do deep corner fades a few times a game.  Even if the D knew what was coming, he has the pure speed to make plays.

I personally think that Lindsey was simply a victim of a pathetically designed offense.  I am trying to not make any judgment about him on anything else till I see what he can do in a much better designed scheme....hopefully that's in a Nebraska uniform.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I personally think that Lindsey was simply a victim of a pathetically designed offense.  I am trying to not make any judgment about him on anything else till I see what he can do in a much better designed scheme....hopefully that's in a Nebraska uniform.  

I don't disagree.  I think he would be able to do some great things in an offense that creates space for it's playmakers.

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I personally think that Lindsey was simply a victim of a pathetically designed offense.

You mean motioning him into the box to block an OLB is not the best use of his talents?

24 minutes ago, Saunders said:

He and Avery Roberts were horribly mismanaged last year. Waste of a season for those guys.

Pretty sure Roberts was on all of the special teams.  IMO I don't consider that to be a waste.

• Plus1 1

Once Bookie started to waver, I felt like Tyjon would probably look to transfer.

Bookie peer recruited him to Nebraska. Not having the family that you thought you would is a huge element.

When you throw in that Keith Williams is gone, we’re coming off a four win season, and he has a redshirt year to use for his transfer year.

I think Frost’s offense is giving him pause. He sees what he could do in the offense, so he’s weighing that against everything else.

I hope he stays, because he could be special in Frost’s offense. He has to do what’s best for him though. If that means leaving to be with Bookie or any other school, that’s what he needs to do.

I’ll never question a player’s decision to transfer; if that’s what feels best for you, do it. Whatever Lindsey chooses, I wish luck.

• Plus1 4