Tyjon Lindsey

We have had too many guys for to long who weren't sure if NU was for them or not. If a guy isn't 100% sold on the program, team, staff etc. then leave.  It's not that hard.  Sounds cruel, but life is too short to what if or be unhappy.  Secondly, Bama/OSU/Clemson etc are winning with guys 100% committed to the vision.....If a guy doesn't want to be here for whatever reason, no hard feelings.  Best of luck.  Go where you can truly be 100% where you want to be.  No one should think less of him (or he of himself) if he moves on.  For the record, I hope he stays.  He and others cold thrive in this new system.  Some guys who were an after thought under Riley could very well become the next "guy" on either side of the ball.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

If I were Tyjon, I’d leave after that basketball game. Right @Mavric & @seaofred92 ? Am I doing this right?

I've hidden one of your posts and moved one to Offending Posts.  

If you're still not getting the hint that I'm trying to do all I can to NOT give you a warning/suspension for Trolling there there is only one more step left.

• Plus1 4

8 hours ago, Redux said:

I don't really want to get into it on the main board.  Let's just say the new staff has higher expectations for accountability/responsibility.

I expected this to be the case for several players. It was interesting that Frost said the MR recruits may not be tough enough to play for Nebraska. I immediately wondered what Frost thought of the current players. This staff has a different approach to hard work and dedication. I always had the impression that the previous staff allowed some players to be prima donnas. A favorite player of the previous staff may not be ready to deal with this staff. I hope all the players stay and embrace the hard work. It will pay off greatly in non-football related areas later in life. If they are not ready to go all out, then it is better for them to leave now.

If/when Keith Williams gets a job elsewhere again I'd be willing to bet at least a couple of guys he recruited here would look for his postal code.

To his credit, KW had a pedigree on/off the field that resonates with a lot of young guys. Tyjon thought that's what he signed up for.

If he sticks it out he could showcase the all-world talent we know he had when he came here.

Edited by husker_fan_from_sweden
10 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I expected this to be the case for several players. It was interesting that Frost said the MR recruits may not be tough enough to play for Nebraska. I immediately wondered what Frost thought of the current players. This staff has a different approach to hard work and dedication. I always had the impression that the previous staff allowed some players to be prima donnas. A favorite player of the previous staff may not be ready to deal with this staff. I hope all the players stay and embrace the hard work. It will pay off greatly in non-football related areas later in life. If they are not ready to go all out, then it is better for them to leave now.

This is the concern I had with simply going after high rated guys like the last staff did.  I think they thought if they recruited enough 4 stars that winning would just happen.

This new staff actually values work ethic and system/environment fit over ratings. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

This is the concern I had with simply going after high rated guys like the last staff did.  I think they thought if they recruited enough 4 stars that winning would just happen.

This new staff actually values work ethic and system/environment fit over ratings. 

Exactly.  Frost is not a "star chaser", but will pursue if they fit the system.  One of the staff said they interview EVERYONE they can find about that might have input.  Frost goes after what fits.  Not what might, or could, but does.....

If I recall, didn't he decommit from Ohio State because he didn't like how they were going to use him in their offense, and came here because we were going to use him like a prototypical NFL wide receiver? Maybe that's the reason he could be looking to transfer if he is actually looking

• Plus1 1