Tyjon Lindsey

4 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Did anybody else think he looked slow last season when he had the ball in his hands? His burst was nice to see Saturday. 

He looked like the rest of the team last season: dispirited, unmotivated, trying to scratch through on athletic ability alone because they knew the schemes were garbage.

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

He looked like the rest of the team last season: dispirited, unmotivated, trying to scratch through on athletic ability alone because they knew the schemes were garbage.

He wasn't put in the best situations to utilize his speed and athleticism last year.  The offense last year didn't create a lot of opportunities for guys in space.  So, when Lindsey was spending so much time dancing and moving side-to-side, it made him look slow and dispirited.

What I liked about what I saw on Saturday was that they got Lindsey in space, and they got him moving upfield and in one-on-one situations against a defender.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The offense last year didn't create a lot of opportunities for guys in space. 

One of the 1,001 frustrating things about Riley: recruiting guys who would be deadly in space, then not figuring out ways to get them in position to exploit it.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Some good points noted by you and others and better explanation than my statement, but scheme or not, I don’t remember him outrunning or juking a single defender, and he would get run down. JD and Stanley, while targeted more often, showed they couldn’t be stopped. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Some good points noted by you and others and better explanation than my statement, but scheme or not, I don’t remember him outrunning or juking a single defender, and he would get run down. JD and Stanley, while targeted more often, showed they couldn’t be stopped. 

I chalk it up to a couple things.  One, Lindsey needing to adjust to the speed of the college game and realizing he can't shuck and jive and expect to make everyone miss.  Two, Lindsey pressing because he got the ball so infrequently that when he did, he was trying to hit a home run every time he touched the ball.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I chalk it up to a couple things.  One, Lindsey needing to adjust to the speed of the college game and realizing he can't shuck and jive and expect to make everyone miss.  Two, Lindsey pressing because he got the ball so infrequently that when he did, he was trying to hit a home run every time he touched the ball.

Probably a lot of truth to this.

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It will be fun to watch him and Spillman in this offense. 

Yep, that's my thoughts exactly. You have a receiver like Stanley Morgan Jr. that's a down the field threat and then Lindsey and J.D. that are homerun hitters if they get a seam based on their speed. I like where our wide receivers are at right now. With Gebbia or Martinez at the helm.............this offense could be insane if we get our RB situation figured out and our O-line just does the basics and blocks like they should. 

• Plus1 2