Tyjon Lindsey

6 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

If I recall, didn't he decommit from Ohio State because he didn't like how they were going to use him in their offense, and came here because we were going to use him like a prototypical NFL wide receiver? Maybe that's the reason he could be looking to transfer if he is actually looking

Which would still be odd since the last staff utilized him horribly.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

Which would still be odd since the last staff utilized him horribly.

why would it be odd for him to go to another program that would use him like a prototypical wr? as far as i know that staff that misused him isnt still together and there are some programs that wont misuse him like langsdorf did.

15 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

If I recall, didn't he decommit from Ohio State because he didn't like how they were going to use him in their offense, and came here because we were going to use him like a prototypical NFL wide receiver? Maybe that's the reason he could be looking to transfer if he is actually looking

At 5'9" and 160 lbs, is there a chance he could ever be a prototypical NFL receiver? I don't ever recall an NFL receiver that small. Below is a link to small receivers from 2015, and they are all bigger than Tyjon. IMO, the best thing for him is to shine in Frost's system, and build some character and life lessons along the way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483594/article/2015-nfl-draft-top-five-undersized-wide-receivers

• Plus1 1

Based on the expectations that Frost will implement offensive schemes that resemble UCF and Oregon teams he coached for, it would seem that a good WR would have an excellent opportunity to demonstrate his skills to future NFL teams in Lincoln.   Running good routes, showing speed and athleticism, catching the ball, making plays after the catch, blocking, making few mistakes, etc are all going to be indicated thoroughly for Tyjon in a Frost/NU offense.   His size and other measureables are the same wherever he plays although he may have the chance to gain added strength and so on in Lincoln.   If his injury is behind him, he has reportedly the speed and shake and bake to be an exciting player.   Small receivers are few and far between in the pros but some make it and if he can demonstrate skills in the return game and blocks exceptionally wel, he will get every chance to be a pro playing in Lincoln.    

21 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Based on the expectations that Frost will implement offensive schemes that resemble UCF and Oregon teams he coached for, it would seem that a good WR would have an excellent opportunity to demonstrate his skills to future NFL teams in Lincoln.   Running good routes, showing speed and athleticism, catching the ball, making plays after the catch, blocking, making few mistakes, etc are all going to be indicated thoroughly for Tyjon in a Frost/NU offense.   His size and other measureables are the same wherever he plays although he may have the chance to gain added strength and so on in Lincoln.   If his injury is behind him, he has reportedly the speed and shake and bake to be an exciting player.   Small receivers are few and far between in the pros but some make it and if he can demonstrate skills in the return game and blocks exceptionally wel, he will get every chance to be a pro playing in Lincoln.    

If he wants to make it big Tyjon should stick with coach Walters. He's not only a highly proven wr-coach but he's also personally experienced in succeeding despite diminutive stature. The guy won the Biletnikof Award and played several years in the league at only 5'8".

• Plus1 3

On 3/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Redux said:

I don't really want to get into it on the main board.  Let's just say the new staff has higher expectations for accountability/responsibility.

I was hearing the same thing just shortly after Frost was hired. 

Was told don't be surprised when/if Lindsey leaves... this new staff isn't all about him like the previous staff for whatever reasons. 

11 minutes ago, rustyred said:

I was hearing the same thing just shortly after Frost was hired. 

Was told don't be surprised when/if Lindsey leaves... this new staff isn't all about him like the previous staff for whatever reasons

Bolded - they said (paraphrasing) they weren't going to watch much film from before because they didn't want to become biased. But I think they were mostly concerned with becoming biased against players who played badly under the previous staff.

With a new staff, everyone should start at the same level and be reassessed. Shaquem Griffin was a 3rd string player when Frost showed up. He was a starter by fall. Starting from scratch shouldn't bother Lindsey. He seems good enough to play a lot.

Semi-related - I've met a few people in my life I was just enamored with, like in a hero-worshiping way. One was as an adult. She almost convinced me to join the army after spending 20 minutes with her. Anyhow, I feel like Keith Williams must be like that. The kids obviously LOVE him. It's the only thing that makes sense to me because our new WR coach has good credentials.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

In totality, it appears to be a poor decision by Tyjon if he decides to leave. A waste of two years, and leaving an offensive philosophy that is designed for guys like him. Like this is the perfect situation for him on the field. I will say this, he was the first to follow Frost post Riley firing. So maybe it isn't a lock for him to transfer. 

On 3/4/2018 at 4:46 AM, MichiganDad3 said:

At 5'9" and 160 lbs, is there a chance he could ever be a prototypical NFL receiver? I don't ever recall an NFL receiver that small. Below is a link to small receivers from 2015, and they are all bigger than Tyjon. IMO, the best thing for him is to shine in Frost's system, and build some character and life lessons along the way.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483594/article/2015-nfl-draft-top-five-undersized-wide-receivers

The best current WR (productivity wise over the past couple years) in the NFL is 5'10" 180 lbs, not much different than Tyjon.

Not every receiver has to be Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, or Mike Evans size to succeed in the NFL.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

The best current WR (productivity wise over the past couple years) in the NFL is 5'10" 180 lbs, not much different than Tyjon.

Not every receiver has to be Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, or Mike Evans size to succeed in the NFL.

I never said Tyjon couldn't be a successful NFL receiver. I question his goal of being a prototypical NFL receiver. A prototypical NFL receiver is quite a bit bigger than Tyjon. At 160 lbs, he is smallish for a high school receiver.