Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

I love this part.  Something we have been missing for years.  I do not know the last time I felt the complete team bought in and the whole team, from top to bottom (admn, staff, players, support etc) was pulling in the same direction and shared the same common vision and goals.....

January is when records start to fall and champions start to rise, when the Frost Era pours the concrete for the foundation, Rae and Marsil say. When they start to convert the non-believers and weed out the rest.

“It means everything,” Marsil says of Duval’s offseason workout program. “This is where everybody’s going to be building that relationship. The quicker that they’re buying into everything, the quicker the turnaround is going to happen.

• Plus1 1

I hope our guys are ready for this and that the previous apparently lackadaisical approach isn't too hard for them to overcome. Hopefully they appreciate how this paid off for this staff at UCF and the buy-in can occur almost immediately. I'm sure it will work but not so sure exactly how quickly. Fingers crossed.

This part may a bit of shock to the system of a few players this week.  

" He misses the living hell out of. The circuit training over the winter, the lightning rounds at dawn, and the rows of trash cans next to the equipment, not so much."

“You know it’s going to be a war zone,” one of Rae’s former teammates, ex-UCF long-snapper Gage Marsil, recalls. “With my old workouts, you maybe threw up that first week you’d be back after winter break. But I’ve seen [it continue]. It didn’t matter how many times you did it — there were at least 10 guys throwing up.

“They’ll hear about the circuits pretty soon. It made its way around UCF real quick.”

January is when the fiscal football year 2018 gets off the mat, when a program’s spine is forged in iron, sweat, blood and bile. The rote before the reward, the groove before the glory.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, TonyStalloni said:

This part may a bit of shock to the system of a few players this week.  

" He misses the living hell out of. The circuit training over the winter, the lightning rounds at dawn, and the rows of trash cans next to the equipment, not so much."

“You know it’s going to be a war zone,” one of Rae’s former teammates, ex-UCF long-snapper Gage Marsil, recalls. “With my old workouts, you maybe threw up that first week you’d be back after winter break. But I’ve seen [it continue]. It didn’t matter how many times you did it — there were at least 10 guys throwing up.

“They’ll hear about the circuits pretty soon. It made its way around UCF real quick.”

January is when the fiscal football year 2018 gets off the mat, when a program’s spine is forged in iron, sweat, blood and bile. The rote before the reward, the groove before the glory.

Yeah, i would really hate to be the janitor in that place.

• Plus1 2