Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:15 AM, 307husker said:

I like the fact that recovery, nutrition, and focus on the applicable energy systems for football will be stressed.

Any idiot can make strength and conditioning "hard".  Players puking in buckets is hardly the mark of excellence.

Preach.

I heard that a few guys got rhabdo here recently. This is not good, gentlemen. Not good at all. 

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Preach.

I heard that a few guys got rhabdo here recently. This is not good, gentlemen. Not good at all. 

Years ago the idea of not giving water was "smart" of course now we know that 10/10 doctors recommend water.

I had this a-hole that forced himself on my coaching staff a few years ago...he hated water breaks, thought it was "weak" and all that crap.

Same with puking...I get it...you worked hard...but it is actually bad for you (unless it is after a hard night of partying...then it makes you feel better)

Just now, teachercd said:

Years ago the idea of not giving water was "smart" of course now we know that 10/10 doctors recommend water.

I had this a-hole that forced himself on my coaching staff a few years ago...he hated water breaks, thought it was "weak" and all that crap.

Wow. That's next level stupid for sure.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

SIAP - sounds like we had basically abandoned squats the last three years.  That seems to be changing now.

Yes let’s abandon one of the best exercises for working the posterior chain and overall strength & explosiveness! That’ll show ‘em! Smh lol. 

Nebraska skips leg day 

Edited by Decked
  • Plus1 1

Obviously we all know that strength and conditioning has been an issue for some time now so that had to change at some point. It sounds like the coaches did assessments and tailored it down some for the players. I don't think there was any malice intent here to injure the players or cause these issues and we know this was something completely unforeseen based on the coaches comments on this situation. There is a fine line to walk here between working the players just hard enough or overworking them and this proves that. My guess is that won't happen again and this program will make the players much stronger in the long run. Maybe these two did some other exercises they weren't supposed to do and the coaches were unaware of that or maybe they worked harder than the coaches thought they were going to. Regardless, lessons to be learned for sure here so this doesn't happen again. 

• Plus1 1