Duval's conditioning starts Monday. UCF players share.

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

As a follow up to the above, "abandoned" was probably a bit hyperbolic.  It sounds like they did squats to some extent.  But not nearly as much/as often as would probably be expected.  Or - from the sounds of it - not nearly what they will be doing going forward.

Wasnt the spring challenge  a squat competition that Khalil Davis won.  It was a safety squat but still a squat.  I would agree that more emphasis will be put on squats going forward.  

On 1/30/2018 at 4:29 PM, bugeater17 said:

If true, doesn't some of this fall on Epley? Wasn't he suppose to be consulting??

That would probably depend significantly on the leadership and culture Epley was working under.

A prevailing thought/rumor right now is that accountability and S&C did not go hand in hand under the previous staff. Some rumors suggest it was common for certain players to not show up for S&C or morning workouts and they would get away with it. If this is true, it would be tough to implement effective workouts and hold players accountable without complete buy in and repercussions for choosing not to do the work.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That would probably depend significantly on the leadership and culture Epley was working under.

A prevailing thought/rumor right now is that accountability and S&C did not go hand in hand under the previous staff. Some rumors suggest it was common for certain players to not show up for S&C or morning workouts and they would get away with it. If this is true, it would be tough to implement effective workouts and hold players accountable without complete buy in and repercussions for choosing not to do the work.

I was talking about moving away from squats as a lift as discussed prior. 

2 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I was talking about moving away from squats as a lift as discussed prior. 

I know - what I'm saying is, if the rumors are true, it may not have mattered what some of the coaches or support staff wanted to do. A lot of it would've depended on the culture, leadership and accountability they were working under.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 2/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, HS_Coach_C said:

This had to hurt.  I wonder how it happened.  Hopefully he can have a quick and full recovery.

My guess is that he got it caught between the bar and the rack after a squat if he's grabbing outside of the hooks, which is likely for guys that size..  That would hurt.  I've always been paranoid about that when re-racking weights.

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think Dave read the same article as I read. But then I also haven't heard anyone say the "'Husker Power' principles didn't exist in any form," or anything close to that.

If Dave was a lawyer, he sounds like the kind that would say, "See, my client only robbed those three banks, not the 11 he was originally charged with. Real bad job on your part making people think he was a bad guy."

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

One thing that was mentioned in the active, is the the team, even in training, looks like a team.  Reminds me of Heart Break Ridge....Clint in one uniform and the Recon Marines in broken uniform until they got "it".  Watching UCF the past two years, Frost and his staff were always dressed very similar as if the staff had a uniform as well.  I like it.