Poll: Abortion legality belief spectrum

What is your belief about Abortion Law in the USA?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Wow, Paul Gosar is trying really hard to keep up with Jim Jordan, Steve King, Mark Meadows, Matt Gaetz, etc. in terms of grifting...

POLL: PRO-LIFE OR PRO-CHOICE?

And I love that he makes sure everyone knows he's a dentist. WTF?!

Classic Trump tactic. His entire presidency he has advertised polls at the top of youtube that read just like that one. One answer is worded to be the most super awesomest thing ever and the rest of the options are worded confusingly and with alot of negative context thrown in.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Classic Trump tactic. His entire presidency he has advertised polls at the top of youtube that read just like that one. One answer is worded to be the most super awesomest thing ever and the rest of the options are worded confusingly and with alot of negative context thrown in.

There was one that I saw for a while that asked how we thought the President was doing and the options were something like Excellent, great, good, above average, and average.

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I thought this was a new way to frame this discussion and frankly should be a bit more disturbing for those of us lacking somewhat in perspective. I know his words kind of struck me in a way that this hadn't before.

I was told I had to get a pelvic exam in order to get a birth control prescription. I googled and a place I found that didn’t require it was Planned Parenthood. There is no medical need to get it for birth control but a lot of places require it.

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't agree with this.  Someone shouldn't be forced to do something they morally or religiously believe is wrong.

As usual, I'm pretty sure this article leaves out a lot of details that are important and condense it down to very simple terms.  I'm sure it is much more complicated that a 10 paragraph article.

But in the article, one of the rules that was "thrown out" was to limit what questions an employer could ask potential employees.  I think it is pretty important for a fertility clinic to be able to ask a potential nurse if he/she is okay with artificial insemination.  "Abortions" are only a small part of this story, but a pretty catchy headline :)

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't agree with this.  Someone shouldn't be forced to do something they morally or religiously believe is wrong.

This will be decided by the SC - 5-4 conservative majority - depending if John Roberts feels conservative or not that day. 

However, I think a person's first amendment rights of religion (one could also argue free speech) would come before the right of an abortion when access isn't being banned by this policy.   This reminds me some of the Cake Decorator SC case - SC ruled in favor of the cake decorator - his religious 1st amend rights were being violated by the Colo Civil Rights commission which was forcing him to make cakes for gay marriages or he would otherwise face huge fines. 

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This will be decided by the SC - 5-4 conservative majority - depending if John Roberts feels conservative or not that day. 

However, I think a person's first amendment rights of religion (one could also argue free speech) would come before the right of an abortion when access isn't being banned by this policy.   This reminds me some of the Cake Decorator SC case - SC ruled in favor of the cake decorator - his religious 1st amend rights were being violated by the Colo Civil Rights commission which was forcing him to make cakes for gay marriages or he would otherwise face huge fines. 

This is about the Justice Dept replacing a law passed by Congress with something more strict.  This is not about "abortion".  It is, at least in part, about clinics being able to ask questions in interviews to make sure their employees do not have a problem with certain procedures or practices.  

This policy would make it illegal for a Planned Parenthood to ask about "personally held beliefs" in job interviews.  

This would only be like the bakery case if the JD made a law that made it illegal for the bakery to ask its employees if they have a problem baking cakes....

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

It’s the ability, right and obligation of a medical professional to provide medical care.  Would you go to a mechanic who said that they dont replace windshield wipers?  Small part of their job, doesn’t come up often but sometimes for safety reasons they have to do it because they can’t allow a car that wouldn’t pass inspection out on the road.  (Maybe not the best ex but I’m tired).

I believe a medical professional is very different from a baker who provides an optional service..  

• Plus1 3