The XFL

Mavric

On 12/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, GSG said:

I just don't understand what's going to be different about it. The last time around it was "X-treme" with some of their bonkers rules, but they aren't going to get away with those type of stunts now

I thought one of their very first tag lines was something like, you'll always know what a catch is..and they were not going to to follow the 3 years past HS graduation rule.  I could be wrong on both, but I think they are trying to target players who can't be in the NFL yet.   For instance, Waddle, Jeudy and Tua from Alabama could say, I'm done playing for free and be eligible to play in the XFL instead of having to wait to play in the NFL.   

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A 3-point conversion? The XFL has some interesting ideas for its new league

A 3-point conversion?

Even the 1-point conversion will not be traditional in the XFL.

That conversion won’t come on an extra-point kick, but a play from the 2-yard line. The 2-point conversion is moved back to the 5-yard line, Luck told PFT. And PFT said the new 3-point conversion will be from the 10. Luck told PFT that the league considered moving it to the 15, but settled on the 10.

That adds intrigue and strategy after touchdowns. The XFL, as it was before, apparently won’t be afraid to try new things.

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to The XFL