RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

7 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Good thing plan B is an almost certain lock in another dynamic player, Henry. I'm not counting us out on Washington yet though.

Is Henry still a lock? I don’t see it as so.

Edited by Ziebol the Red

44 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Good thing plan B is an almost certain lock in another dynamic player, Henry. I'm not counting us out on Washington yet though.

We have Bell signed, along with Jones who I think the staff is taking as a RB type more than prototypical WR. Obviously he will catch a lot of passes still. If you look at it that way it makes more sense why they are still after more WR's.  Attrition TBD of course.

19 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Do tell.

He doesn't translate well as a running back into college. He has good size but nothing exceptional. He doesn't get skinny in the hole and his pad level is bad. On top of that, he lacks a burst and isn't shifty. He is a good looking football player who looks suitable for DB or Wr but not as a RB. He doesn't appear to have great vision either and he displays a lot of wasted movement. I've seen these types before and I don't think he translates well. Ill tell you this, I don't believe the staff is sold on him being a RB either. They see a good football player who could play a number of different positions.

Just now, Vince R. said:

He doesn't translate well as a running back into college. He has good size but nothing exceptional. He doesn't get skinny in the hole and his pad level is bad. On top of that, he lacks a burst and isn't shifty. He is a good looking football player who looks suitable for DB or Wr but not as a RB. He doesn't appear to have great vision either and he displays a lot of wasted movement. I've seen these types before and I don't think he translates well. Ill tell you this, I don't believe the staff is sold on him being a RB either. They see a good football player who could play a number of different positions.

Makes sense to me. I think they have 2 RB types committed already and are looking for more WR/DB types still.  Thanks for sharing your analysis.

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Good point. Maybe he realizes already

• Mavric changed the title to RB Maurice Washington
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic