RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Omaha World Herald just released a new article about 20 minutes ago that said a source close to Husker Football says the staff is "extremely confident" washington will make it. The article cleared up the speculation that he did indeed take the test on the 14th and recently got his results. They did not say what the results were- but that washington told them he still does not know his status for certain. 

So I assume he got the 20 and thats what his tweet was all about- "all done". The reason he did not comment if he knows he will end up at lincoln for sure is because he is waiting on the official waiver request to get answered.

So back to my previous question no one seems to know the answer to. How long does this waiver process take? They said in the article they thought him and watt would both make it for fall camp so I would take that to mean they could find out any day? 

From what I could find on NCAA.org it sounds like up to 14 days. Looks like a plethora of options regarding getting him eligible though. They use a formula to decide if they think you will do well in college based on GPA and courses and test scores. Kind of messed up in my opinion but oh well. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

From what I could find on NCAA.org it sounds like up to 14 days. Looks like a plethora of options regarding getting him eligible though. They use a formula to decide if they think you will do well in college based on GPA and courses and test scores. Kind of messed up in my opinion but oh well. 

Yeah using a test to determine how you will do in college is stupid. Some people are just not good at taking test. 

19 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So he tweeted on the 27th the "all done" with check mark. So assuming waiver was submitted that day. Then we are looking at roughly sometime before august 9th. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Anyone know his core GPA? If you give it to me I can tell ya if his waiver will be approved with a 20 on the ACT lol 

They/we already figured out he needed a 20+ due to his GPA.

2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Yeah using a test to determine how you will do in college is stupid. Some people are just not good at taking test. 

They don't only use the test. They've changed it so if you have a high GPA your ACT requirement is much lower. But Washington moved around several times in High School which hurt his GPA.

32 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They/we already figured out he needed a 20+ due to his GPA.

They don't only use the test. They've changed it so if you have a high GPA your ACT requirement is much lower. But Washington moved around several times in High School which hurt his GPA.

They why doesnt maurice know if he is N? 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

They why doesnt maurice know if he is N? 

What I've read here is he didn't have the required # of credits after his Junior year. I believe that's why he/Nebraska had to apply for the waiver but I'm sure someone will correct me. I think he needed the minimum GPA and ACT score in order to have a chance at the waiver.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What I've read here is he didn't have the required # of credits after his Junior year. I believe that's why he/Nebraska had to apply for the waiver but I'm sure someone will correct me. I think he needed the minimum GPA and ACT score in order to have a chance at the waiver.

That's exactly it but as long as he has the proper GPA and ACT the waiver will work. It's pretty cut and dry from what I have read. 

17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That's exactly it but as long as he has the proper GPA and ACT the waiver will work. It's pretty cut and dry from what I have read. 

Maybe that’s why the staff is very confident. Because he got the test score so they know he should get the waiver. But waiting to get official word to announce. 

I do do wonder why don’t they just say he has met the requirements for a waiver to be successful but we are waiting on official results 

I dont know the credibility of this post or if anyone else heard this. Also it is from Clause. But here is direct post from someone on rivals board. 

Yesterday Nate Clouse was on TBL and said that both had qualified and could be here this week although Washington would be taking an academic redshirt while Watts would be available immediately.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont know the credibility of this post or if anyone else heard this. Also it is from Clause. But here is direct post from someone on rivals board. 

Yesterday Nate Clouse was on TBL and said that both had qualified and could be here this week although Washington would be taking an academic redshirt while Watts would be available immediately.

Good news!  Good news!

4zQjOtp.gif

• Plus1 1