RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

Congrats to Maurice, didn't think he would actually ever get to NU. Good on the young man. But, those of you expecting him to get snaps and be a stud right away, slow your roll. Remember his teammates went through an entire summer of lifting and conditioning with Duval and Co.,  and while I'm sure he wasn't sitting on the couch eating potato chips, he isn't nearly as in shape as the other RB's in the program already.

IMO, he needs to redshirt. Not only for the reason stated above, but to make sure he keeps up on his academics this 1st semester. We've seen that he had trouble with that at the high school level, and it won't get any easier when he gets to Lincoln. Maybe they use the 4 game redshirt rule and let him play at the end of the year, but I think that's all they should put on him IMO.

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I know people are excited for this kid to join... but do we think that with him coming in this late he will actually see a lot of playing time right away?

Who knows but I think it will take some time for him to get things figured out. Maybe he goes the Ameer route and starts by returning kicks?

I'm expecting a combination of Walter Payton and Earl Campbell.

• Plus1 5