RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

Very important to realize that as the season went on the rotation shrank. A lot has been said about how many offensive players had touches last year, but many of those were early season. By the tail end it was Milton/Killans/Anderson. Killans is also not, and was never intended to be, a feature back. He was just so productive he was hard to get off the field. The same can be said for Anderson, in many ways their most important non-QB. So it's not necessarily a parallel to our current situation.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, brophog said:

Very important to realize that as the season went on the rotation shrank. A lot has been said about how many offensive players had touches last year, but many of those were early season. By the tail end it was Milton/Killans/Anderson. Killans is also not, and was never intended to be, a feature back. He was just so productive he was hard to get off the field. The same can be said for Anderson, in many ways their most important non-QB. So it's not necessarily a parallel to our current situation.

Exactly. Thats why I said if he starts at 5-8 it will go up from there is he makes the most of those touches. If he is tearing off long run after long run in a game. The coaches are not going to say ok Maurice you got your 8 touches go sit down for the game. Its just silly to say they are going to stick to a plan on touches. 

I think all would agree Frost doesn't say things he doesnt truly mean. He also is not the type who is going to start the hype train for no reason. This is telling to me what kind of talent Washington is. 

“We’re glad to have Mo. He’s probably had a dozen spectacular plays since he’s been here... I’d say to this point he’s better than I expected.” Frost on Maurice Washington #Huskers

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I would hope that Frost really stresses the praise and blame issue for this kid.  Right now, he's getting the praise, and all his tweets I've seen are retweets about his accolades.  I have nothing against that at all, per se, but once in awhile throw one in about the team itself or a teammate.

He addresses that stuff all the time. Talked about the praise vs blame in the media. Rarely does a player deserve the amount of praise or blame that the media puts on a player.

• 2 weeks later...

That's how good he is, a program defining talent. I'm so excited he made it. Coach Held will keep him to a high standard and if that happens with the talent he has, there's no telling how good he can really be. He has a lot of traits a lot of great backs have, but even the great ones often lack his balance. It's very hard to get a clean shot at him, and when it happens defenders bounce off. 

• Plus1 2