RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Speculation that he may have to go the academic redshirt route where he'd be on campus but not eligible.

6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm only concerned with getting him on campus. Hopefully we can make that happen 

I actually don't think that would be such a bad thing.  I love his potential, but we have a decent stable of backs that can handle this year. Get him a redshirt year learning the system, getting in Duvall-style shape, and adjusting to college life - then look out next year.

I still hope he qualifies, but if he at least makes it to campus that's a win.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I actually don't think that would be such a bad thing.  I love his potential, but we have a decent stable of backs that can handle this year. Get him a redshirt year learning the system, getting in Duvall-style shape, and adjusting to college life - then look out next year.

Him not qualifying would be devastating. We have a stable, but I wouldn't call most of them even decent to what we want. Bell wasn't amazing at the spring game, but he was what was expected....a vast improvement....and I maintain he's the low end of what we need.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

deaNx9l.jpg

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Yeah, him not qualifying would be a big deal.  NU needs his type of talent on the field.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, brophog said:

Him not qualifying would be devastating. We have a stable, but I wouldn't call most of them even decent to what we want. Bell wasn't amazing at the spring game, but he was what was expected....a vast improvement....and I maintain he's the low end of what we need.

You have Miles Jones and Tyjon Lindsey who will be used out of the backfield as well. 

35 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Kids with his kind of talent don't like waiting. I don't want to see a scenario where he asks for a release to go to a school that will allow him to play right away. 

I dont think he has a choice if his grades are not in line. If he cant play here where could he play? If he isnt academic eligible that would be the case at every school right? 

This kid seems to have his head on straight- if his grades are not up to snuff I think he knows thats on him to get right. 

I dont see that this kid is anything like Blades.