Tangent Thread - Recruiting Rankings & Predictions Edition

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

this guy is still hitting 91% of his picks an average of 5 months ahead of time

Does it make sense that he has accurate information on 200+ top recruits five months before signing day, when most of them haven't completed their official visits and have no idea where they're going?  Of course not.  He can't know more than the recruits themselves know, and that many kids haven't made a decision that early in the process. 

So he's figured out a way to game the system so he looks more accurate.  It's for show. 

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Does it make sense that he has accurate information on 200+ top recruits five months before signing day, when most of them haven't completed their official visits and have no idea where they're going?  Of course not.  He can't know more than the recruits themselves know, and that many kids haven't made a decision that early in the process. 

So he's figured out a way to game the system so he looks more accurate.  It's for show. 

I don't think he has connections with all the recruits, but he probably has a lot of connections within different teams and is able to get a little more insight that way. He can probably talk to members of staff and get some info on what the recruit said to them and things like that. 

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Meh, I don’t really follow these guys well enough so I’ll let Mav argue the validity of his numbers. I just find it hard to believe he randomly guesses, cooks his numbers and no one has thought to verify and call him out on it. Not in 2018 when it seems like everything is so easily fact checked

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What does it mean that a team is "in the lead?"  I'm curious about the mechanics of how a team is "in the lead" and how a recruiting agency would know that.

Well he was super excited after his ASU visit, but it could likely have been just a visit high.  The fact that he's officially visited there and liked it is a lot more than can be said for any other school so far.  Now he very well could end up at ASU, but there's something to say for having the last visit.  Hopefully he makes it this weekend.

Edited by HS_Coach_C

Yea I'd just as soon pass on this kid. 

Anyone who is seriously considering herm Edwards U probably has issues with making educated decisions.

Also recruiting rankings are garbage and doing "ok" in an all star game does not immediately make you a guaranteed hit in college.

On a final note this is the second time recruiting topics have invaded the football forum this month. Stop it! We got a forum for that!

• Plus1 1