Lindsey and Owen Hospitalized

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I don't think I'd necessarily correlate an arbitrary award to being a good programmer.

So a guy that has been a strength coach for decades and has won “arbitrary” awards now doesn’t know how to program?  Come on, realistically this most likely a case of a couple guys either over exerting or being completely out of shape.  Not because Duval is some mad man.

• Plus1 6

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Let's just can em all and start over AGAIN.

There's no need to be hyperbolic. It's important to acknowledge the seriousness of this and hope the coaches take it seriously. Nothing more.

The team does need to get tougher but there are also some lines you don't cross. This is one of those lines alongside not pushing brain injuries.

• Plus1 9
Just now, ScottyIce said:

So it was a workout that he had scaled down 20% and his UCF guys were doing the regular one with ease. Don't you see the real problem here?

yea, the real problem is that guys were put in the hospital instead of being able to train more today.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, DaveH said:

yea, the real problem is that guys were put in the hospital instead of being able to train more today.

Yes, I get that.

I think you need to read some of these other posters who are stating that it was a case of guys who were probably a little out of shape over-exerting. When you google rhabdo, these guys symptoms were on the low side. They sent them to the hospital as a precaution once they realized their urine was darker than normal.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Yes, I get that.

I think you need to read some of these other posters who are stating that it was a case of guys who were probably a little out of shape over-exerting. When you google rhabdo, these guys symptoms were on the low side. They sent them to the hospital as a precaution once they realized their urine was darker than normal.

Exactly, this case in particular sounds more so like dehydration paired with intense workout....drink more water.

1 minute ago, 307husker said:

ScottyIce;

Well, fill out the FAFSA, enroll, and then we'll get to work. 

My tuition plan is affordable for most, but the acceptance rate is pretty low (mostly due to laziness rather than selectivity).

Yeah, I'll pass. Although your profile picture makes me assume you are a wizard of weights, I've had second thoughts.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I haven't looked for any, so I'm not sure. However, unfortunately it's not as simple as this workout = rhabdo.

I understand; I'm just searching for a causation = correlation type of scenario here. I'm honestly thinking it's a mixture of 1. the previous staff not doing a good job and B. the kids taking a full month off of training. 

• Plus1 1