Lindsey and Owen Hospitalized

32 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Or, now hear me out, a lot of people are not getting bent out of shape because:

1. The guys are fine.

2. We don’t know the circumstances behind it and jumping to conclusions that Duval is some kind of s#!tty strength coach because of it is just dumb.

3. Some blame probably needs to go on the players.  You knew this was coming, prepare yourself.

Nah, seems too reasonable.

13 hours ago, husker07 said:

I believe at one point they wouldn't allow athletes to do it without first being in the S&C program for two years, and even after that they had to do a month's worth of preparatory workouts which were basically metabolic circuits-lite (2x10 vs 3x10, working at lower %1RM).

I kind of think they were in a dialed down version of the preparatory workouts.

9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Culpable for?  You act like the staff willingly and knowingly did something wrong.  They didn't.  There was a problem, it was addressed, and well over 100 players didn't have an issue.  Further, the players in question received immediate care.  They were not ignored, their symptoms weren't minimized, and they were treated appropriately.

You know what this thread has shown me?  That there are fans out there who will turn on a Nebraska coaching staff for the most trivial of things.  It's almost as if you're looking for an excuse to not like this staff.  Well, congrats...HCSF and his staff have been on the job now for two months and you already have your "reason"...let the vitriol flow.  /sarcasm

Look, I'm not trying to be rude, but I think you're over-reacting here.  However, this being the internet, carry on.

BINGO !  I was stating this yesterday, but you have done a better job.  To think or even imply that this was intentional or that the staff is anything but top notch is laughable.  Yes, it did happen on their watch and by the letter of the law, the HC is responsible for anything, good or bad that happens with his team.  SF took responsibility, no excuses, and is well on his way to rectifying the issue.  Heck, he even admitted that he hadn't even heard of rhabdo until just recently.  THIS IS CHARACTER FOLKS.  Yes, he, the staff, the kids got extremely lucky on this one.  This could have been so much worse.  

This is nothing more than if a player would get a life-altering injury in one of my HS practices during a position drill with an assistant coach.  Maybe it was a drill that we have done thousands of times, but this time, something  went wrong.  Although, not my fault, it would be a tragedy and I would ultimately be responsible.  With that said, these type of situations don't call for any finger pointing, UNLESS YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO LIVES FOR FINGER POINTING.

• Plus1 5

***For immediate release***  Public Health Notice  ***For immediate release***

Rhabdo has mutated and gone airborne!

The CBC has requested that you stay outdoors and away from computer devices and the internet.

Susceptible Demographic:

Internet posters who have trouble understanding bad things happen and who have to blame someone or something for every bad thing that does happen.

Symptoms of exposure:

-Jumping to conclusions

-Accusing others of not caring

-Believing you know more than professionals in the field

-Confusing an innocent mistake with something that should absolutely never happen

-Overstating the importance of a rare first time event

-Cognitive impairment

This has been a public service message of the Centers for Bonehead Control.

• Plus1 5
Just now, Comfortably Numb said:

The CBC has requested that you stay outdoors and away from computer devices and the internet.

Susceptible Demographic:

Internet posters who have trouble understanding bad things happen and who have to blame someone or something for every bad thing that does happen.

Symptoms of exposure:

-Jumping to conclusions

-Confusing an innocent mistake with something that should absolutely never happen

-Cognitive impairment

The CBC?!

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Susceptible Demographic:

Symptoms of exposure:

-Jumping to conclusions

-Cognitive impairment

46 minutes ago, GSG said:

I thought the same thing....until I read the whole post.  ;) lol

Edited by rocketlb
1 hour ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Susceptible Demographic:

Symptoms of exposure:

-Jumping to conclusions

-Cognitive impairment

Blame Frost.

Based on some of the responses to the situation, I think some people on this board are going to have to toughen up.  It isn't surprising, however, owing to the amount of whining that gets posted to this board.

Any indication that this was ignored/covered up or not disclosed? NO

Any indication that the players' condition was ignored or discounted? NO

Any indication from past history that this staff treats players poorly? NO

Any indication from other teams coached by this staff that they don't trust the staff or believe in their methods? NO

Sh** happens sometimes even under the best conditions.  The staff recognized it, got the appropriate medical attention and thankfully the players will be just fine.  Coach Frost was direct in his press release, even calling several media outlets to discuss the issue BEFORE it was widely know.  I kind of like this guy.....!

• Plus1 4