Lindsey and Owen Hospitalized

Performance athletics isn't always healthy and rhabdo is a tricky thing.  Unfortunately, there isn't always a clear line between working hard and working too hard, especially in a group environment with highly competitive and "invincible" college age athletes.  

The pitchforks and feathers need to be put away IMO, Duval, Frost and Co. hopefully learn a bit from this and are better for it in the future. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, 307husker said:

Performance athletics isn't always healthy and rhabdo is a tricky thing.  Unfortunately, there isn't always a clear line between working hard and working too hard, especially in a group environment with highly competitive and "invincible" college age athletes.  

The pitchforks and feathers need to be put away IMO, Duval, Frost and Co. hopefully learn a bit from this and are better for it in the future. 

I'm not trying to kick the guys out of town. I just hope they take this as seriously as they should. Not only is this a bad look, it could be indicative of bad programming or bad supervision

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I'm not trying to kick the guys out of town. I just hope they take this as seriously as they should. Not only is this a bad look, it could be indicative of bad programming.

I don't think there's a question in the world that Frost isn't concerned about every aspect of the health of his guys.

Period.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I'm not trying to kick the guys out of town. I just hope they take this as seriously as they should. Not only is this a bad look, it could be indicative of bad programming.

It could, or it could be problems with a couple of individuals.  I'm sure that they're taking it very seriously.  Being hooked up to IV's for a couple of days, or having your players hooked up to IV's isn't something that a person brushes off without due consideration.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Someone called that shot but I don't remember who. Hopefully they can get back and not miss a beat

So the rumors were true...

BIG ERN:

Posted Friday at 02:43 PM
Not saying there is any truth to this, but some Iowans got news that it was possibly Rhabdomyolysis. They could possibly just be saying that since their strength coach was in hot water when that all happened years back. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I'm not trying to kick the guys out of town. I just hope they take this as seriously as they should. Not only is this a bad look, it could be indicative of bad programming or bad supervision

From a guy that just won the Strength Coach of the year I dont believe it is bad programming.  UCF players raved about how hard they were pushed and how great a job the strength team did when they needed to scaled things back.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, 307husker said:

It could, or it could be problems with a couple of individuals.  I'm sure that they're taking it very seriously.  Being hooked up to IV's for a couple of days, or having your players hooked up to IV's isn't something that a person brushes off without due consideration.  

Absolutely.