OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Same, I'm all for a kid thats growing into his athleticism as he gets here compared to one that needs to lose to get it. 

However, Benhart is a stud and ready to roll. Unfortunately, probably for Wisky. 

Any info you can share @Warrior10 as to why you think he "probably for Wisky"?  

11 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Same, I'm all for a kid thats growing into his athleticism as he gets here compared to one that needs to lose to get it. 

However, Benhart is a stud and ready to roll. Unfortunately, probably for Wisky. 

If Benhart picks Wisconsin, he's sitting. He would play at NU right away. I too think he's Badger bound, but the longer this goes, the more I feel like something else will happen. Maybe not in NU's favor but agaisnt Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have not done any research. But how many OL are actually ready to roll as a true freshman? I can see a QB, RB or WR. DB perhaps. But things like LB, DL, OL I would think need some college weight training to truly be ready to play. Those are most brute force physical positions. I dont see a high school kid coming in with man strength to play P5 football. 

My "ready to roll" came off as too literal. Example of what I meant:

Anderson: Probably needs 3 years in the program and you hope he is ready as a RSJr or RSSo.

Benhart: Could probably be semi-realistic that he'd be battling in 2 deep as RSFr. 

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Anderson: Probably needs 3 years in the program and you hope he is ready as a RSJr or RSSo.

I feel you're not giving Duval, the nutrition staff and Austin enough respect. Anderson should be ready no later that the end of the '19 season; Heavy reps in '20. He is more than capable of putting on 50-60 LBS by then while getting used to the system. M.O. of course.

3 hours ago, Treand3 said:

I feel you're not giving Duval, the nutrition staff and Austin enough respect. Anderson should be ready no later that the end of the '19 season; Heavy reps in '20. He is more than capable of putting on 50-60 LBS by then while getting used to the system. M.O. of course.

Depends on your definition of "ready". He might be ready when comparing to our projected depth chart. Comparing to Wisky's might be different story. 

But I hope you're right! Like I said, I really like Anderson...I just won't be banking on him for a few years. 

50 minutes ago, ADS said:

To add to what @Warrior10 said, the UOV will happen on 7/28 and there was no decision timeline mentioned.

Joe Rudolph is the lead recruiter for UW, and that’s not good for anyone.

I will be watching that UOV closely. If it's to Wisky, that's very bad and might result in a commit. Also sounds like Tenn is hosting a recruit BBQ that weekend, so there's that. 

Hope he's visiting here. 

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I will be watching that UOV closely. If it's to Wisky, that's very bad and might result in a commit. Also sounds like Tenn is hosting a recruit BBQ that weekend, so there's that. 

Hope he's visiting here. 

Agreed. I think it's Wiscy by a mile at the moment, but if he went there on 7/28 it's the icing on the cake.

• Plus1 1
On 7/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, Treand3 said:

Sigh... 

New staff... the old "this S&C staff is going to put weight and speed on every true freshman and have them ready to play by September!"... 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Sigh... 

New staff... the old "this S&C staff is going to put weight and speed on every true freshman and have them ready to play by September!"... 

He'll play by '20, two years from now. Don't think it's too far fetched. Not starting but in the rotation.