Mavric

OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

Wisconsin may not offer the luxury of immediate snaps.  They're known for RS OL and all of their starters this year, for example, took RS as Freshmen.  No doubt the Badgers would love this kid, but should Benhart choose elsewhere, Wisconsin still has three four-stars and one five-star, currently, committed in 2019 and 2020.

Oh I dream of the day.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, badgers007 said:

With early playing time sounding like a factor, I wouldn't doubt if Bryce Benhart ends up at Nebraska or Michigan.

Wisconsin may not offer the luxury of immediate snaps.  They're known for RS OL and all of their starters this year, for example, took RS as Freshmen.  No doubt the Badgers would love this kid, but should Benhart choose elsewhere, Wisconsin still has three four-stars and one five-star, currently, committed in 2019 and 2020.

I'm not sure how Michigan's depth looks but he would have the opportunity for playing time at Nebraska - not saying he starts but couldn't definitely get in the rotation (if we use one). We could also slide Farniok down to Guard (where he played some at the end of last year) if Benhart shows he is ready. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, ADS said:

Hey guys, see the quote from Ryan Held — further down from the Benhart article — about Greg Bell’s speed. In addition to Frost, he is also saying Bell was running really tight, that he can run faster than he  did against Colorado on that long gain. Held said he was running like a 95-year-old man. See his quote. 

28 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Hey guys, see the quote from Ryan Held — further down from the Benhart article — about Greg Bell’s speed. In addition to Frost, he is also saying Bell was running really tight, that he can run faster than he  did against Colorado on that long gain. Held said he was running like a 95-year-old man. See his quote. 

Here is a better thread to talk about how "tight" Greg Bell is or isn't. Let's keep this thread about Benhart.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Love that this dude is a wrestler as well.  I didn't connect the dots earlier when I watched Stevenson rampage his way through the MN 3A state wrestling bracket.

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

Be good at Guard.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

6-9 is a bit tall for OG, isn't it?

He doesn't look even close to 6-9 to me. But if he is, not necessarily. He doesn't seem to quite have what I like to see in OTs in movement, etc. But he plays with good low pad level and is a grader type of blocker. Just see him at Guard.

8 minutes ago, C N Red said:

He doesn't look even close to 6-9 to me. But if he is, not necessarily. He doesn't seem to quite have what I like to see in OTs in movement, etc. But he plays with good low pad level and is a grader type of blocker. Just see him at Guard.

He's all of 6'8 according to those who've seen him in the last 2 months. 

His main factor is playing early, so yeah we can accommodate that.

• Plus1 1

I had a flight out of Omaha on the Sunday after his OV. Bryce and his family were about 5 people behind me in the TSA line. 

Oh, he's 6'8. Don't worry. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, C N Red said:

I saw a pic a few weeks ago where he and Brant Banks were standing in close proximity to each other.  Banks is listed at 6'7 and 250 and that is probably close.  In another pic Banks was standing beside Frost at the trophy case and he was at least 4 inches taller than Scott.  Benhart looked several inches taller than Banks.  Banks even commented that he rarely has to look up to anyone but he did to Benhart.

12 hours ago, ADS said:

His main factor is playing early, so yeah we can accommodate that.

This guy is a must get.  Gotta have him be :bigredn:.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Hopefully he has watched our offensive line this year....we need O lineman in the worst way possible 

It has been said that we have to do things the old way so even if he commits here, he won't help us for 2-3 years

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

It has been said that we have to do things the old way so even if he commits here, he won't help us for 2-3 years

Yep. That is more than likely the case.  

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

If he commits here, I bet he plays as a true freshman.

If he commits and is an EE then maybe.  Still a lot to ask of a kid to start as a true freshmen on the OL.  I could see Farniok moving inside and Bryce playing RT. We will see how his recruitment plays out and how our OL develop as the season progresses. 

Just now, swmohusker said:

If he commits and is an EE then maybe.  Still a lot to ask of a kid to start as a true freshmen on the OL.  I could see Farniok moving inside and Bryce playing RT. We will see how his recruitment plays out and how our OL develop as the season progresses. 

I didn't say start

This dude is a tackle, through and through. Get him, start him from day 1 and move Farniok inside. 

The feeling seems to be that Wisconsin and Nebraska are the two who are in the lead right now but Michigan is working on him.

kaaaaaaaaaa---- BOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just say....if we land him, he will be the BEST recruit we have gotten in a llooooong time.

• Plus1 1

It would be great to get this guy locked up this weekend and then hit on wandale after next weekend. Get some momentum going in the right direction. Start winning some games.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It would be great to get this guy locked up this weekend and then hit on wandale after next weekend. Get some momentum going in the right direction. Start winning some games.

To be honest, we probably shouldn’t be hitting on 16 - 17 year old kids.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ADS said:

Someone better break the news to @teachercd...

To stay on thread.  Time to break out the big guns.

GIVE IT UP WISCONSIN.  GIVE.  IT.  UP.  GBR.  CAPS LOCK FRIDAY.

Sylvester Stallone Struggle GIF by Warner Archive

• Plus1 2

Probably the best rated player we get to finish up this class.  At least it's at a great position of need and beats out Wisky.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, ADS said:

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

So we know Wandale is announcing 11/1. Probably N

Any news on Benhart commitment? I think most believe he is trending N. But any idea when we might find out?

• Plus1 1

Big article from Michigan writer with a UM lean to it... seemed like he talked to him before this weekend, since article didn’t even sight that he just went to N this weekend... nothing really solid about Michigan, just that he likes Warriner and Harbaugh.

• Plus1 2

Also didn’t say anything about early playing time mattering. Mostly talked about distance from home but BB didn’t confirm that it mattered or not.

• Plus1 1