Mavric

OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Bryce Benhart

Hometown: Lakeville, Minnesota

School: Lakeville, North

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-9

Weight: 285

40 Time

Offers: Duke, Iowa State, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Wisconsin

Visits: 6/2/18

O8n7o.png

Twitter

247 Composite: #132 Overall; #14 OT; .9426; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #139 Overall; #18 OT; :star:star:star:star 
247: #64 Overall; #8 OT; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN: #244 Overall; #27 OT; :star:star:star:star 

Hudl

Doesn't do hardly many interviews, but sounds like we are in a better position than some thought. Wisky likely still leads but we are right there with ND & Mich pushing.

• Plus1 3

Mr. Be :bigredn: hart is on my want list and "MUST" list!  He is now ranked #20 on the OT list on 247.  It also appears Wisky is higher on his list then :bigredn:.  So, in getting him we also deal a blow to those damn Badgers in recruiting.  Wisky already has the #4 and #59 ranked OT so it would do :bigredn: very well to snag this guy.  If not, Wisky has the #2, #20 and #59 OT verses our #87 (Anderson) and possible #69 (Lynn).  #81 OT Grant Treiber is still a possibility for us as well.

I will add ... Iowa has the #24 and #36 ... so with out two main competitors on our side of the division we lose ground in this recruiting cycle as it currently stands at this position.  FYI, OSU has the #10 (Nester) and #30.  Michigan has the #31, #39 and #60.  Michigan St. has the #5 and #44.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Mr. Be :bigredn: hart is on my want list and "MUST" list!  He is now ranked #20 on the OT list on 247.  It also appears Wisky is higher on his list then :bigredn:.  So, in getting him we also deal a blow to those damn Badgers in recruiting.  Wisky already has the #4 and #59 ranked OT so it would do :bigredn: very well to snag this guy.  If not, Wisky has the #2, #20 and #59 OT verses our #87 (Anderson) and possible #69 (Lynn).  #81 OT Grant Treiber is still a possibility for us as well.

I will add ... Iowa has the #24 and #36 ... so with out two main competitors on our side of the division we lose ground in this recruiting cycle as it currently stands at this position.  FYI, OSU has the #10 (Nester) and #30.  Michigan has the #31, #39 and #60.  Michigan St. has the #5 and #44.

No mention of Danielson Ike?

8 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

No mention of Danielson Ike?

No ... didn't know he was an OT on the list.  My research, which is rather small ... was just taken from this link?  Did not see him listed.  Help?

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=OT

ESPN doesn't have him in their list either.  Hmmm.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/offensive-tackle/class/2019/view/position

Danielson Ike's profile on 247 says he is #22 ... but he is not on the link above ranked among the other OT's.  Curious why that is.

https://247sports.com/Player/Danielson-Ike-89230

6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Nebraska will recruit a different type of O-line player then both Iowa and Wisky and in most cases this type of lineman typically won't rate as high as a the standard bigten lineman - think of a big athletic TE that can't catch.  That will be more what SF is looking for.  So we haven't lost ground to anyone in the West unless you are star gazing.

^^^ ... some good stuff @GBRFAN.  I agree with some of those thoughts, especially out OT's looking more like big, athletic TE's.  Still, both Wisky, Iowa and :bigredn: have been and are after the same guys at OT and other positions.  Additionally, would Frost really pass on guys like Logan Brown (Wisky commit) or Devontae Dobbs (Mich St.) if they wanted :bigredn:  ... to avoid star gazing?  If an OT that was Top 10 decided he wanted to be :bigredn: would you pass on him and say he didn't or wouldn't fit the system?  I get your point ... but it's also a bit silly to debate that point for me.  There is much to rebuild here.  We all know that we are going to have to improve the OL, the DL and overall get a bit better in recruiting rankings in general.  For me, it's okay to want Benhart and have him on my "MUST" list.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

^^^ ... some good stuff @GBRFAN.  I agree with some of those thoughts, especially out OT's looking more like big, athletic TE's.  Still, both Wisky, Iowa and :bigredn: have been and are after the same guys at OT and other positions.  Additionally, would Frost really pass on guys like Logan Brown (Wisky commit) or Devontae Dobbs (Mich St.) if they wanted :bigredn:  ... to avoid star gazing?  If an OT that was Top 10 decided he wanted to be :bigredn: would you pass on him and say he didn't or wouldn't fit the system?  I get your point ... but it's also a bit silly to debate that point for me.  There is much to rebuild here.  We all know that we are going to have to improve the OL, the DL and overall get a bit better in recruiting rankings in general.  For me, it's okay to want Benhart and have him on my "MUST" list.

You really like using that N don’t you.

11 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Nebraska will recruit a different type of O-line player then both Iowa and Wisky and in most cases this type of lineman typically won't rate as high as a the standard bigten lineman - think of a big athletic TE that can't catch.  That will be more what SF is looking for.  So we haven't lost ground to anyone in the West unless you are star gazing.

The top NFL prospect on Wisconsin’s OL, David Edwards, played QB in HS and came to school as a TE.

6 hours ago, badgers007 said:

The top NFL prospect on Wisconsin’s OL, David Edwards, played QB in HS and came to school as a TE.

On that note mike riley mentioned several times how they liked to recruit high school QB's and use them at different positions - can't think of one case were he actually did it.  Shows why Wisconsin has become to Nebraska as what Mich st has become to Michigan - a thorn in the side.   The Bigten expected and hoped NU would bring value to the conference in the biggest sport (football) and hopefully it is time.

56 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

On that note mike riley mentioned several times how they liked to recruit high school QB's and use them at different positions - can't think of one case were he actually did it.  Shows why Wisconsin has become to Nebraska as what Mich st has become to Michigan - a thorn in the side.   The Bigten expected and hoped NU would bring value to the conference in the biggest sport (football) and hopefully it is time.

Lamar Jackson? 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, badgers007 said:

Wow he must have got fat

8 hours ago, badgers007 said:

I believe Brandon scheriff from Iowa was the same way 

8 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Honestly why I'm excited about Anderson. Plenty of room to grow.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

Lamar Jackson? 

I always saw Lamar Jackson as a DB - the way i interpreted MR was that they were good at going after QB's that weren't that good and not rated highly at other positions and then were qualified to develop them at other spots.  After the fact not sure if they were capable of the development part.

by the way, not trying to argue with you - my first post just didn't explain my full thought.

6 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Honestly why I'm excited about Anderson. Plenty of room to grow.

Same, I'm all for a kid thats growing into his athleticism as he gets here compared to one that needs to lose to get it. 

However, Benhart is a stud and ready to roll. Unfortunately, probably for Wisky. 

8 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Same, I'm all for a kid thats growing into his athleticism as he gets here compared to one that needs to lose to get it. 

However, Benhart is a stud and ready to roll. Unfortunately, probably for Wisky. 

I have not done any research. But how many OL are actually ready to roll as a true freshman? I can see a QB, RB or WR. DB perhaps. But things like LB, DL, OL I would think need some college weight training to truly be ready to play. Those are most brute force physical positions. I dont see a high school kid coming in with man strength to play P5 football. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I have not done any research. But how many OL are actually ready to roll as a true freshman? I can see a QB, RB or WR. DB perhaps. But things like LB, DL, OL I would think need some college weight training to truly be ready to play. Those are most brute force physical positions. I dont see a high school kid coming in with man strength to play P5 football. 

It's not easy to do, but Jaimes started 9 games for us last year - granite he had to given our talent/depth. He played very well for a true fresh OT 

6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

It's not easy to do, but Jaimes started 9 games for us last year - granite he had to given our talent/depth. He played very well for a true fresh OT 

Maybe ready to roll for Nebraska. Not for wisconsin. Guessing he is sitting for a few years till he is physically ready to represent what wisconsin expects.

44 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I wouldn't necessarily use an O lineman on a 4 win team as an example of how freshmen can play on the O line.

If you ave freshmen playing on the O line, they better be absolute freaks or you got major issues.

I think we know what side of that Nebraska fell on last year.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Any info you can share @Warrior10 as to why you think he "probably for Wisky"?  

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Any info you can share @Warrior10 as to why you think he "probably for Wisky"?  

They are/have been the consensus favorite for some time. No new breaking info/news as to why. He doesn't do many interviews. 

11 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

If Benhart picks Wisconsin, he's sitting. He would play at NU right away. I too think he's Badger bound, but the longer this goes, the more I feel like something else will happen. Maybe not in NU's favor but agaisnt Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My "ready to roll" came off as too literal. Example of what I meant:

Anderson: Probably needs 3 years in the program and you hope he is ready as a RSJr or RSSo.

Benhart: Could probably be semi-realistic that he'd be battling in 2 deep as RSFr. 

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Anderson: Probably needs 3 years in the program and you hope he is ready as a RSJr or RSSo.

I feel you're not giving Duval, the nutrition staff and Austin enough respect. Anderson should be ready no later that the end of the '19 season; Heavy reps in '20. He is more than capable of putting on 50-60 LBS by then while getting used to the system. M.O. of course.

The link to 247 isn't working right now, but in Benhart's bio info on this page it says that he is now rated the #10 OT.  [ @Mavric ... typo? ]  Last time I checked he was around #20.  Wow, if Wisky does land him they are gonna have some stellar OT prospects.  Makes him even more of a "must" get for me.  

3 hours ago, Treand3 said:

I feel you're not giving Duval, the nutrition staff and Austin enough respect. Anderson should be ready no later that the end of the '19 season; Heavy reps in '20. He is more than capable of putting on 50-60 LBS by then while getting used to the system. M.O. of course.

Depends on your definition of "ready". He might be ready when comparing to our projected depth chart. Comparing to Wisky's might be different story. 

But I hope you're right! Like I said, I really like Anderson...I just won't be banking on him for a few years. 

^^^ (In the voice of the Grinch) "Come on ... details, details!  Before I couldn't get you to shut up!"  :-)  

• Plus1 1

To add to what @Warrior10 said, the UOV will happen on 7/28 and there was no decision timeline mentioned.

Joe Rudolph is the lead recruiter for UW, and that’s not good for anyone.

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, ADS said:

To add to what @Warrior10 said, the UOV will happen on 7/28 and there was no decision timeline mentioned.

Joe Rudolph is the lead recruiter for UW, and that’s not good for anyone.

I will be watching that UOV closely. If it's to Wisky, that's very bad and might result in a commit. Also sounds like Tenn is hosting a recruit BBQ that weekend, so there's that. 

Hope he's visiting here. 

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I will be watching that UOV closely. If it's to Wisky, that's very bad and might result in a commit. Also sounds like Tenn is hosting a recruit BBQ that weekend, so there's that. 

Hope he's visiting here. 

Agreed. I think it's Wiscy by a mile at the moment, but if he went there on 7/28 it's the icing on the cake.

• Plus1 1

On 7/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, Treand3 said:

Sigh... 

New staff... the old "this S&C staff is going to put weight and speed on every true freshman and have them ready to play by September!"... 

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Sigh... 

New staff... the old "this S&C staff is going to put weight and speed on every true freshman and have them ready to play by September!"... 

He'll play by '20, two years from now. Don't think it's too far fetched. Not starting but in the rotation. 

On 7/15/2018 at 4:07 PM, Atbone95 said:

Wow he must have got fat

On 7/15/2018 at 4:59 PM, swmohusker said:

Adam Carriker was too. 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:26 PM, Warrior10 said:

Trying to OV opening weekend but doesn't technically start school till Sept 4th so they have to submit a waiver to NCAA.

Why???

there are summer visits now. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why???

Not sure on specifics, seems like a flaw in the structure. Would hope the NCAA would grant the waiver....but it's the NCAA. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why???

They can take OVs from April 1 through the end of June.  But then there is a break until the recruit's first day of school his senior year.  Their school doesn't start until Sept. 4.

Link

• Plus1 1