OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

He'll have already played his 1st HS game by the time he wants to come visit...

Stupid Minnesota and their state law that you can't start public school until after Labor Day.

so they have athletic sporting events before school starts in minnesota? that just sounds weird.

10 hours ago, Mary Pats BOB said:

And Knevel. Discuss.

Not much to discuss, his height is more of a benefit for the OT position than a disadvantage.

Last year's two All-American OT's were both 6'7 or taller. 

In fact there hasn't been a 1st team All American OT shorter than 6'6 the last three years. 

Edit: I'd also bet he's much closer to 6'7 as 247 indicates than 6'9 like Rivals does. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not much to discuss, his height is more of a benefit for the OT position than a disadvantage.

Last year's two All-American OT's were both 6'7 or taller. 

In fact there hasn't been a 1st team All American OT shorter than 6'6 the last three years. 

Edit: I'd also bet he's much closer to 6'7 as 247 indicates than 6'9 like Rivals does. 

Time to get a door frame involved...or maybe a ladder.

32 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I'm not worried about a few inches too tall or too short.  Give me an athletic dude with heart and desire to excel.  Success will take care of itself.

A real coach on the field?  Brings his lunch pail to work everyday?  Wears his hard hat?

• Plus1 4

On 8/28/2018 at 12:36 AM, desertshox said:

so they have athletic sporting events before school starts in minnesota? that just sounds weird.

The scheduling for school to start in MN is based around the State Fair and how whiny the resorts are up here. I am a teacher and coach...I wish we started before Labor Day. If you start before Labor Day, you have to get a waiver...construction or something like that. It is really crappy how much control the State Fair and the resorts have on the school start time!

And I coach against Bryce's team. He is the real deal. I feel he is better than the #1 ranked kid in the state at Edina that committed to Notre Shame. The word on the street he is leaning to Sconny....hope his visit changes his mind!!!!

2 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

The scheduling for school to start in MN is based around the State Fair and how whiny the resorts are up here. I am a teacher and coach...I wish we started before Labor Day. If you start before Labor Day, you have to get a waiver...construction or something like that. It is really crappy how much control the State Fair and the resorts have on the school start time!

And I coach against Bryce's team. He is the real deal. I feel he is better than the #1 ranked kid in the state at Edina that committed to Notre Shame. The word on the street he is leaning to Sconny....hope his visit changes his mind!!!!

Not that it overly matters but would you estimate him at 6'7 or 6'9, there is some discrepancy between recruiting services. 

• Plus1 1