OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Mom says distance is a factor.

Dad is looking for a good strength coach, good OL coach and a HC who's not going anywhere.  Dad also mentions distance.  But says it's Bryce's decision.

Bryce says he expects to compete for a spot so not necessarily looking for a place he thinks he can play right away.

Hasn't decided on any other visits.  Depends on his playoffs.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Mom says distance is a factor.

Dad is looking for a good strength coach, good OL coach and a HC who's not going anywhere.  Dad also mentions distance.  But says it's Bryce's decision.

Bryce says he expects to compete for a spot so not necessarily looking for a place he thinks he can play right away.

Hasn't decided on any other visits.  Depends on his playoffs.

This kid is a must get! Probably top lineman I have seen on film...I like him better than the Edina kid that is going to Notre Shame. His team should make a deep run in the playoffs...#1 team in 6A this year. The drive to Lincoln from this area is pretty simple and hopefully that helps the Huskers! I would also think the reputation of the strength coach and OL coach go in our favor. And the obvious type of coach that Frost is.

6 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Plus easily get to Madison, Iowa City, Evanston and obviously the Twin Cities campus.

Yup. I am sort of surprised we dont get more minnesotans. I was a Minnesota kid who went to Nebraska and the drive was far enough to allow me to create my own path but close enough to see my family a few times.

JD Spielman is a huge get for us in terms of some pipeline and I hope we keep going after some of these kids. 

• Plus1 3
18 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Yup. I am sort of surprised we dont get more minnesotans.

It's a 2 way street.  How many Minnesotans has the school offered in the last several years?

2019-2 (might get 1)

2018-2 (got 1)

2017-1 (got 0)

2016-1 (got 1)

2015-1 (got 0)

2014-1 (got 0)

2013-1 (got 0)

2012-0

2011-0

2010-1 (got 1)

So in 10 seasons, including the 2019 class, Nebraska has offered 10 players from Minnesota.  We received 3 commitments and are leading for one more.

I would be much more excited if they got this kid than the WR that just committed.   Darian Chase is a great get, but this team needs offensive tackles badly and this kid can come in and compete for playing time right away.  Ideally if they did get him would be to have him come in and play in 4 games and RS for the season.  

8 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I would be much more excited if they got this kid than the WR that just committed.   Darian Chase is a great get, but this team needs offensive tackles badly and this kid can come in and compete for playing time right away.  Ideally if they did get him would be to have him come in and play in 4 games and RS for the season.  

I would tend to agree but the WR that just committed could also play DB and we are in desperate need of those as well.