OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, NUinID said:

I would be much more excited if they got this kid than the WR that just committed.   Darian Chase is a great get, but this team needs offensive tackles badly and this kid can come in and compete for playing time right away.  Ideally if they did get him would be to have him come in and play in 4 games and RS for the season.  

They are not mutually exclusive situations.

We need both positions to be filled with good players.

• Plus1 7

32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Slot receivers are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Better chance he stays two more than leaving after this year. 

i would be surprised if he left this year but i would also be surprised if he play all 4 years here.  his biggest draw backs are his size and maybe lack of elite top end speed. stayin 4 years wont improve any of those.  if he has a similar year next year he should leave. 

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Pretty sure hes a true sophomore so he cant leave. Hasnt been in college for 3 years yet. 

Nevermind hes a RSo. So he can leave after this season. Damn!

A) I doubt he goes

B) Yes, we’d miss him for sure, but in actuality it would probably benefit us more in the long run to have someone like that to sell in the pro’s.

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

This year, no. If he puts up another 1,000ish next year, 50/50.

I'd echo this.  That being said, I'd said be surprised if he went early.  His measurables are going to need to be absolutely off the charts because the scouts are going to use his height against him.  Other slot dudes from last year like Coutee from TT that went in the 4th round to Houston are at least 5'11.  

If he left early a fair comp would be someone like Ray Ray McCloud who left early from Clemson.  He went in the 6th to Buffalo.

9 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'd echo this.  That being said, I'd said be surprised if he went early.  His measurables are going to need to be absolutely off the charts because the scouts are going to use his height against him.  Other slot dudes from last year like Coutee from TT that went in the 4th round to Houston are at least 5'11.  

If he left early a fair comp would be someone like Ray Ray McCloud who left early from Clemson.  He went in the 6th to Buffalo.

Alright let’s get back to Benhart.

PS. JD’s Dad is an NFL GM... he won’t screw this decision up.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2