OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

In case it hasn't been discussed, Benhart will be the tallest guy on our roster. Austin Allen is 6-8. Next tallest OL are 6-6.

Which leads me to ask, if you had a bunch of equally talented OTs in our offensive scheme with a 6-2 QB, what would the ideal height be?

height is over rated.  Especially if you aren't having the QB sit in the pocket all day.  Also a QB shouldn't be throwing over the line anyway and should know where his rec are going to be on the field without actually seeing them.  QB should be taught to find his throwing lanes.  Doug Flutie was pretty short and he had an ok career

• Fire 1
24 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

height is over rated.  Especially if you aren't having the QB sit in the pocket all day.  Also a QB shouldn't be throwing over the line anyway and should know where his rec are going to be on the field without actually seeing them.  QB should be taught to find his throwing lanes.  Doug Flutie was pretty short and he had an ok career

Not all QB's can throw no look passes, Patrick.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not all QB's can throw no look passes, Patrick.

not what I meant.  Like throwing a hook or curl route.  You don't wait till the rec actually turns.  you throw to the spot he is supposed to be before he actually turns.  If I know my man is running a  fade and there is a lineman in front of me I should take a step forward or back with my plant foot to get into a throwing lane I should know where to throw the ball.  Most timing routes you are throwing to a spot not the man.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

not what I meant.  Like throwing a hook or curl route.  You don't wait till the rec actually turns.  you throw to the spot he is supposed to be before he actually turns.  If I know my man is running a  fade and there is a lineman in front of me I should take a step forward or back with my plant foot to get into a throwing lane I should know where to throw the ball.  Most timing routes you are throwing to a spot not the man.

I knew exactly what you meant, I was just being a smart aleck.