OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, C N Red said:

People always say this, and they say basketball can be good for footwork. Fact is, just b/c hes a wrestler or basketball player, even if they are good at them, doesnt mean he will be a good olineman. If that was the case, there would be a lot of good olineman walking around everywhere. We've gotten a few linemen over the last few years that were good wrestlers or bball players and we havent had an even slightly good lineman for awhile.

If you have an o-lineman of Bryce's size, they can sometimes be very stiff. Bad hip flexion, pad level, and footwork. Wrestling will help improve many of these issues with him compared to a non-wrestler. Plus there is a mentality that wrestlers have that is transferable to football. Like was stated before by @Hedley Lamarr, the silent mean assassins were the worst to play against. It's like playing against the Hulk, the secret is, they're always angry.

All-American Bowl: Thursday's stock report

STOCK UP

Future Nebraska Cornhusker Bryce Benhart may be the tallest to ever play in the All-American Bowl. He looks all of his listed 6-foot-9, and towers over the rest of his teammates. The challenge for a player like that is being a good bender and not playing too high. Benhart is effective because he is successful in that endeavor. The one knock is that Benhart could be stronger at the point of attack, but that is explained by dropping 20 pounds since the end of football season so that he can make the 285-pound limit for high school wrestling.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, C N Red said:

People always say this, and they say basketball can be good for footwork. Fact is, just b/c hes a wrestler or basketball player, even if they are good at them, doesnt mean he will be a good olineman. If that was the case, there would be a lot of good olineman walking around everywhere. We've gotten a few linemen over the last few years that were good wrestlers or bball players and we havent had an even slightly good lineman for awhile.

Imagine what our players would be like if they weren’t multi-sport athletes!

72E9257E-8D88-4274-8671-BB6EE7C83443.gif

2 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I watched most of the game but will admit I didn't watch BB on every snap.  On the plays that I did watch him, it wasn't that he was getting over powered, he wasn't moving his feet fast enough to stay in front of Smith. Add the 20 or so pounds he has lost and he would be even slower.

Smith is arguably the best pass rusher in the country and knew they were dropping back to pass 80% of the time. In a really game you run right at him multiple times so he stops lining up 4 yards outside and pass rushing every down. 

I tried to watch BB every play as we didn't have anyone else on that side of the ball. He did pretty good in general, did get beat few times. He also let the DE"s appear to get pressure a lot, but they were headed far too upfield and QB just stepped up. I think it was Rattler's bomb to Wilson that BB did that to perfection. 

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Smith is arguably the best pass rusher in the country and knew they were dropping back to pass 80% of the time. In a really game you run right at him multiple times so he stops lining up 4 yards outside and pass rushing every down. 

I tried to watch BB every play as we didn't have anyone else on that side of the ball. He did pretty good in general, did get beat few times. He also let the DE"s appear to get pressure a lot, but they were headed far too upfield and QB just stepped up. I think it was Rattler's bomb to Wilson that BB did that to perfection. 

On the flip side there were no blitzes for the oline to worry about.

• Plus1 1