OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Good points from you both.  I do think that a year or more on the weights, improving his flexibility but also realizing that unlike high school, the men he will line up against in the BIG 10 aren't in awe of him.  BB will mature and figure out what the coaches want.  If he can develop a nasty mentality he should be a good one.

51 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

This is where coaches will earn their money.  They have a kid that wants to be here, has physical tools, but needs some strength and technique development.  Also keep in mind OLine is a particular position which takes some significant time to make your mark.  BB will be fine,

I agree.  This goes for any high school OL.  The almost 5 star tackle committed to wisconsin struggled at the AA game.  Bryce seemed to perform better than him.  He has the size and athletic abitlity, it is now time for him to get better with his technique and stronger.  

https://n.rivals.com/news/all-american-bowl-the-gorney-awards

Physical Prowess Award:

"This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now, and Bryce Benhart  is one of those guys. The Nebraska offensive line signee is all of 6-foot-9 and he will be well over 300 pounds but is trimmed up now for wrestling season. No offensive lineman looked even close to him physically."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I watched most of the game but will admit I didn't watch BB on every snap.  On the plays that I did watch him, it wasn't that he was getting over powered, he wasn't moving his feet fast enough to stay in front of Smith. Add the 20 or so pounds he has lost and he would be even slower.

I haven't watched the game yet (it's on my DVR).

But he was in an All-Star game with some of the best players in the country.  Not just the guys he was having to block but the other OTs on his team.  He was chosen to start and be a captain.  Obviously the coaches though he was pretty good.  I think he'll be fine.

58 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But he was in an All-Star game with some of the best players in the country.  Not just the guys he was having to block but the other OTs on his team.  He was chosen to start and be a captain.  Obviously the coaches though he was pretty good.  I think he'll be fine.

This was a later post of mine you may not have seen yet: 

Good points from you both.  I do think that a year or more on the weights, improving his flexibility but also realizing that unlike high school, the men he will line up against in the BIG 10 aren't in awe of him.  BB will mature and figure out what the coaches want.  If he can develop a nasty mentality he should be a good one.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

This was a later post of mine you may not have seen yet: 

And 30 lbs.

10 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

https://n.rivals.com/news/all-american-bowl-the-gorney-awards

Physical Prowess Award:

"This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now, and Bryce Benhart  is one of those guys. The Nebraska offensive line signee is all of 6-foot-9 and he will be well over 300 pounds but is trimmed up now for wrestling season. No offensive lineman looked even close to him physically."

Yet Rivals has him as a three star, bump is past due. 

• Plus1 1

On 1/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, Mavric said:

For at least a portion of the game, he was going against Nolan Smith, the #1 recruit in the nation.