OT Bryce Benhart [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

80 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Benhart Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, ArkanSkers said:

He also wasn’t playing at his football weight during the all-American bowl week because of wrestling, right? All eyes on him there, and maybe they felt he shouldn’t be ranked as high but didn’t take that in to effect? Idk, just a guess.

They don’t put that much weight on that game 

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

His opponent is what we call a fish.  Once he goes to his back there is no fight, just a wiggle. lol 

Ha, that's pretty par for the course for any HWTs tho honestly with the exception of the top flight guys.  It's pretty much game over once one of those big fellas gets the other guy on the back and they just seems to embrace it.  Plus, Benhart is obviously a strong guy so he's getting squeezed pretty good.  I also chuckled a bit when one guy would do a headthrow, hip toss or another throw and the guy would lock his arms around the guy after he landed flat on his back and got stuck...it's like your just making yourself more flat!  As opposed to locking your hands right when he got tossed or hit the mat so he could try and pop his hips and try and do a roll through.

6 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Ha, that's pretty par for the course for any HWTs tho honestly with the exception of the top flight guys.  It's pretty much game over once one of those big fellas gets the other guy on the back and they just seems to embrace it.  Plus, Benhart is obviously a strong guy so he's getting squeezed pretty good.  I also chuckled a bit when one guy would do a headthrow, hip toss or another throw and the guy would lock his arms around the guy after he landed flat on his back and got stuck...it's like your just making yourself more flat!  As opposed to locking your hands right when he got tossed or hit the mat so he could try and pop his hips and try and do a roll through.

I was 112, so there very few throws.  I miss those days!

• Plus1 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 2:58 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

My closest thing to a headlock was getting my opponent high on the ride.  Which a lot of young kids did. 

I threw a lot of kids at 103 and 112, most out of a sprawl and front quarter nelson. Pop his head down to the mat a few times and they will pop their head up and you can throw a front pancake.